Horseback riding and shopping

HI! This is my first time going to Progreso and after reading these boards I'm getting really excited. My question is this: Has anyone done the horseback riding excursion? If so, was it worth it? Anyone have pictures? Will there be time after this excursion to do some shopping?Also, does anyone have pics of the market area? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

We are going to Progresso in August on the Fantasy and my daughter is saying she wants to do horseback riding, we are also considering the ruins and an all inclusive resort. I think I saw a resort on these boards that offers a short ruins trip as an option and I think it looked like there was horseback riding on the beach. Can anyone help me out and tell me if there is such a place?:o Thanks

• 1 month later...
One of the horse-back excursions is based out of Hotel Reef Yucatan - the all-inclusive resort. Drinks are included, food is extra, but you can enjoy the swimming pool, beach, and facilities while there.

Whoa, whoa....I may be misunderstanding something here. I thought we could do an all inclusive at the RY, which WOULD include all drinks/food. Not true? I understand horeback riding from the resort would be a separate thing, but can't we pay for an all inclusive day at the resort?

It's a bit confusing! The horseback riding excursion takes place at the Hotel Reef Yucatan and drinks are included, but you have to buy food if you want it. Other packages there include all drinks and food. Packages that involve car rentals, such as the jeep or dune buggy tours, include food, but drinking alcohol is not allowed by any member of the party - driving or not. It all depends on which package you purchase.

• 1 month later...

Again, it depends on the package you purchase for the Reef Yucatan and whether you purchase on the boat or directly from Autoprogreso or another tour company. The average price on-shore seems to be about $45US per adult. That includes round-trip transportation, and, generally, all food and drinks.

Archived