Meeting Someone at Progreso Pier?

agru

We are planning to get together with a friend when we stop in Progreso for the day in December.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the logistics of the pier. Are private cars allowed in the area for pickups? If not, what are our options for meeting each other?

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Meet at the Cultural Center where the courtesy bus will drop you, or at Le Saint Bonnet restaurant.

The 4 1/2 mile long pier is for freight making it's way to and from ships. No private vehicles or taxis.

There were lots of taxis last spring when I was there (especially right before the ship was to depart!)

There were lots of taxis last spring when I was there (especially right before the ship was to depart!)

The entrance for vehicles at the federal pier is controlled from the main entrance, and some other search stops. Taxis certainly are allowed to get up the pier but ONLY with identified passengers from the ship (s) docked. The best and fastes way is meeting at the cultural center where the shuttle bus stops.

• 2 weeks later...
The entrance for vehicles at the federal pier is controlled from the main entrance, and some other search stops. Taxis certainly are allowed to get up the pier but ONLY with identified passengers from the ship (s) docked. The best and fastes way is meeting at the cultural center where the shuttle bus stops.

I agree that the cultural center is the best place to meet, but there are taxis available both from the dock to town ($6) and from town to the dock. I was commenting on the previous post inidcating that taxis are not allowed on the pier in case anyone is interested.

Archived