Murder Mystery Supper IoS

Right I intend to try and get babysitting for one night for my filth monsters whilst we are on IoS. On that evening I would like to do something that involves wine, laughter and entertainment. I would also like to treat my sister for putting up with me and my children for 10 days in a cabin 181 sq ft. I love my children and I'm not sure I want to share a cabin with them for 10 days.

So, who here has done the murder mystery evening? Would you recommend it? Is it worth forking out for babysitting (i.e. extra cash)? Was the wine included? Did you have to sign up before you cruised (might be difficult for us as I can't confirm babysitting until on board)

Want to know both good and bad opinions on it. Plus anything you did to make it more enjoyable? If you have done it recently on IoS then even better.

Hey there :)

Got off the Independence today and we did the murder mystery dinner!

We booked it before the cruise as we knew it was a very popular activity and it would fill up fast!

The wine is included with the dinner fee.

With regards to babysitting, there was a couple who had a 4 yr old son and they mentioned that the Adventure Ocean mind children til 2am with a fee of $5 per hour. (I may have a few minor points wrong here but that's what was described to us and personally think its a great facility!!)

At the beginning of the 'show' it seemed quite over acted however as it went on the comical side really took over and it was fantastic and hilarious! Highly recommended!!!

Right I intend to try and get babysitting for one night for my filth monsters whilst we are on IoS. On that evening I would like to do something that involves wine, laughter and entertainment. I would also like to treat my sister for putting up with me and my children for 10 days in a cabin 181 sq ft. I love my children and I'm not sure I want to share a cabin with them for 10 days.

So, who here has done the murder mystery evening? Would you recommend it? Is it worth forking out for babysitting (i.e. extra cash)? Was the wine included? Did you have to sign up before you cruised (might be difficult for us as I can't confirm babysitting until on board)

Want to know both good and bad opinions on it. Plus anything you did to make it more enjoyable? If you have done it recently on IoS then even better.

Hi there (we sailed Jan 12)

The Murder Mystery evening, consisted of pre diner drinks within the Viking Lounge, twenty minutes of performance from the actors to set the scene, then we were taken to Portifinos for the start of our meal, and there was more acting between each course, there had been a murder we had to guess, free wine through out, four course meal was $49 a head, we thought is was great value and so recommend, everyone really enjoyed this evening, very entertaining and was such great fun, I would allow 3/4 hours..... :D:D:D

Mark x

Thank you for the responses, I think I am going to do this if they still have space when we board.

MaiTaiQueen welcome back! I hope you had a lovely time. Our youngest is not old enough for the Adventure programme so we would have to use babysitting and the price is the same for 2 as it is for 1 child.

Hiya, sorry don't know which night it is on (usually one of the formals I THINK).

If you go into your cruise account on RCCI go to view reservation and then under Pre-Cruise Planner click on Speciality Restaurants & Dining Experiences and it is on that page. We are going but can't book until we get babysitting set up onboard.

Archived