Bar menu?

lborne

We will be on the Constellation soon and have the Classic drink package. Wondering if we should upgrade to the Premium, but in order to do that we would like to see a wine and bar menu list with prices. Anyone know where a recent menu might be posted? TIA.

Not sure how much research you have done to date...

But start here with the Official Celebrity Beverage Pkg List of Brands as posted by CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES (Official Rep) as per he last revamp of the Pkgs & Price Increase (May 28, 2014)

This is the complete list of products for each Pkg... Although sometimes availability can differ ship to ship or even 1 cruise from another... Depending upon where in the world the ship is - Restocking - Pax Conumption - or even Local Preferences

Official Celebrity Beverage Pkgs = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

As for price lists, that is a tad harder to nail down...

Cruisers have posted scans of various Menus, but they too can differ at times ship to ship, depending upon where in the world the ship is

Both myself & SARAFINADH did lengthy posts back in 2012 on research we did into Bevvy Pkgs at the time. Mine on Celebrity's Complete Wine List, and hers on ALL the Bevvy Pkg Offerings (she incorporated my info into her much larger post)

Long post... But still a good read if one is trying to understand Bevvy Pkgs

Overview of Drink Pkgs = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1571274

Altough the prices have gone up since then... When it comes to Beers or Wines by the Glass just by a buck or so a glass... So things pretty much remained in the same Pkg (Classic or Premium) cause the overall Pkg price per day / night went up as well

Personally, I hope to produce an Updated Version to the Celebrity Wine List early in 2015, after I get back from my next cruise

Hope this helps some

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Thanks. I did see those posts. I was particularly interested in the wine list, but the ones posted were from May or earlier. I suppose the best thing to do is wait until we get on board - especially since it will be the first Caribbean cruise of the season.

With the classic package, are you able to order more than one bottle of water at a time? I normally bring a case or two onboard as I like to have several bottles in the room, but if I have the package, I'm wondering if I can skip that.

With the classic package, are you able to order more than one bottle of water at a time? I normally bring a case or two onboard as I like to have several bottles in the room, but if I have the package, I'm wondering if I can skip that.

Only 1 drink at a time, but just collect a bottle of water each time you return to your cabin until you have the number you like, then just get another bottle when you have finished one.

"Technically" the rule is one item at a time...

But Celebrity's Crew does use common sense in situations where warranted

So when going ashore you should be able to get more than one bottle each (we always have)

And at Dinner, not unusual to have several items open at your place setting... Cocktail - Bottled Water - Wine - Premium Coffee - After Dinner Drink (lol although you'd have to be a two fisted drinker to have all 5 I've listed here at once ;) )

Again has never been an issue for us... Celebrity Staff have been very accommodating

If you are not in Aqua Class (which provides Bottled Water) you might want to make a point of picking up a spare bottle as you head back to the cabin... If you are a big water drinker... As the bottles in the Mini Bar cost extra

(Many Celebrity Cruisers do this for Beer, so they can enjoy in cabin or on their Balconies... Build a small stockpile)

With the Bevvy Pkgs we don't bother bringing water aboard. There is usually something to our liking (Spring Water) to be found... They also have Regular Bottled Water - Evian - Perrier - San Peligrino - Flavoured Waters etc

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

We will be on the Constellation soon and have the Classic drink package. Wondering if we should upgrade to the Premium, but in order to do that we would like to see a wine and bar menu list with prices. Anyone know where a recent menu might be posted? TIA.

Recently (Sept 21) off of Summit. If you are concerned about the selection of wine by the glass on Classic, you will be better off upgrading to Premium. Drinks, including cocktails, water, juice and coffee do not seem to be an issue on Classic package but we found that in order to get a wine that was acceptable to us we upgraded to Premium package and still ended up paying an upcharge on most occasions for wine. Not every wine is offered in every bar or venue - each seem to have their own "menus" but there is some overlap. For example, in the MRD and Blu we could get everything that was available at Cellar Masters and more. For the 14 days it was $300+ for the 2 of us and if ordering bottles we would have spent far more than that so the extra $1-2 dollars was a not an issue but be aware that Normandie (Summit specialty restaurant) had a more upscale wine selection by the glass and was priced accordingly and you will not leave there with a $1-2 per glass upcharge.

Please note that we are primarily Vodka and Gin (premium selections) and there was nothing we asked for that was not available on the Premium package so we considered the upgrade to Premium from Classic (free on promo) a very good value.

Heres the list of MDR wines by the glass with prices and colour coding showing which drinks package, if any, they fall within. Its from May 2014, after the price increases.

c414ff6cf61b5d53114583e58ec21028.jpg

Its harder for bar menus since they dont always list all available drinks, just a selection of cocktails but here is a cocktail list given to us in May showing some (not all) of the choices:

4f711592105ebabd16391f978cacbc5a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please Note... As I said earlier any Wine or Drink Lists that others provide may be Ship or Cruise specific depending on where in the world the ship is - Restocking - Pax Conumption - or even Local Preferences

Such could be the case for the list that KEVINYORK has provided here for The Eclipse (Mediterranean - May 2014 out of Southampton *)

So YMMV

* In particular... Ships sailing out of the UK list prices with Grats included. Elsewhere in the world Celebrity lists alcohol BEFORE 15% Grats

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB