Cape Liberty NJ

norcalal

Back a week and a half from a TA and now need to get things in order for this one.

I have been unable to nail down transfer from hotel to port. (Country Inn and Suites, Elizabeth.

We need a van that will accommodate 6 people and 2 wheelchairs. (daughter travels with manual and power). Would settle for the accessible van and the rest could grab a cab if need be. Welcome any ideas.

A few years ago, we used Bayonne Yellow Cab. I called and reserved their “large” accessible vehicle from our hotel to the ship and from the ship to the airport. That vehicle would easily take care of all of you. I do not remember the price, only that it was a flat rate for the vehicle and we felt that it was reasonable for two of us on scooters to share. Their local number is: 201 339-5000. I also found an 800 number but do not know if it is correct: (800) 815-3711.

Or you might call SuperShuttle. Their “shared” vans are fairly reasonable and the New York area does allow two wheelchairs.

Good luck,

Betty

A few years ago, we used Bayonne Yellow Cab. I called and reserved their “large” accessible vehicle from our hotel to the ship and from the ship to the airport. That vehicle would easily take care of all of you. I do not remember the price, only that it was a flat rate for the vehicle and we felt that it was reasonable for two of us on scooters to share. Their local number is: 201 339-5000. I also found an 800 number but do not know if it is correct: (800) 815-3711.

Or you might call SuperShuttle. Their “shared” vans are fairly reasonable and the New York area does allow two wheelchairs.

Good luck,

Betty

Thanks Betty

Good luck,

Betty

Super shuttle wanted 150 for two people and two wc. (75 hr/2 hr min)

Bayonne Yellow cab has a large van that can accommondate 3 chairs and all six of our party for 108.00 total. Same cost port to airport.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like SuperShuttle does not offer “shared” rides for that area. Taxi sounds reasonable, especially considering the convenience of keeping all of you together. We were pleased with their service.

Betty

Edited by raindropsalways