Rhapsody Junior Suite

Sally,

We did a JS on the Rhapsody in February for the Mardi Gras cruise. It was great. We had another couple that we traveled with over for a sail away and had a seating area to have all of our food items in and to sit and talk....kind of like sitting at home in your living room...only your bed is only a few feet away.

The bathrooms are a big advantage. You get a tub, so that means that you don't have the friendly shower curtain when you shower. We got robes and the bath amenities were full size shampoo, conditioner and lotion.

It's not OH WOW great.....definitely not a "suite", but for us it was $100.00 more than the balcony and we thought..."why not?"

We are thinking about doing a med, summer of next year with the kids.(we have 4). We always do insides when we travel with them. This time, we are thinking of doing a JS for us and insides for the kids, that is how much we liked them (JS).

BUT, if the price is cost prohibitive, and value wise...I do not think it is worth major $$$$$ more for a JS vs just a balcony.

Jean

Our first balcony was on the Rhapsody in a JS, Cabin #8534 (I think) --

It was so nice on entering, that (for once ; ) I was speechless -- There is ample closet and bathroom space -- the nice seating area, and vanity. The balcony (60 sq.ft or so) is ample enough for 2 chairs, table -- and maybe a lounge chair. The small entry has wood parquet, and there is that nice expanse of windows across the back of the cabin, with nice drapery treatment.

We did have RCI robes provided, although that's the only "perk" I recall -- we were allowed, also, to get in the "suite line" for check-in. Although I think that perk may vary from ship-to-ship, port-to-port.

All in all, I think you will really enjoy it.

Uh, no. With all the cost cutting going on these days, let's don't complain about only the USE of robes! LOL!! (that might disappear, too!) As a matter of fact, it has been 3 years since we had one of of those suites. Perhaps another poster can comment to substantiate my information.

BTW, after the JS, we went to the GS, and never "went back"!! (Rhapsody, Splendour), and a future booked Jewel of the Seas. FYI -- We have found those perks to vary as well!

Bookit

Good Morning Bookit....

Have any trips planned?

As you can see we are back on Rhapsody...

Really want to book the Grand for 05.How long is she here for?

Great day IN Houston..Can you believe this weather?

Rhapsody cabin 8088

These are photos of a corner aft JS on Rhapsody. The balcony in a regular JS won't be as large but there are a few pictures of the cabin which should be the same.

On Rhapsody (and Vision) JS cabins are 241 sq ft with 64 sq ft balcony and D1 cabins are 195 sq ft with 41 sq ft balcony. Except, of course, the aft cabins which have much larger balconies.

Edited to add: Here's a pretty cool website if you haven't already checked it out: CruiseStateroom.com - Rhapsody

starq1

We had a JS on the Rhapsody last summer and it was GREAT! I surprised my wife on our anniversary and she was very pleased with the room. We had an A cabin just recently on the HAL line and it was not as good as the JS.

You get the robes for use all week until the last night when they pick them up, but you can go to the purser office and purchase if you so desire.

Have fun.

Jerry

Glad the robe info I gave is still correct. We always enjoy the use -- saves packing one, and they are really comfy.

Brn2crz,

O.K. I have located this thread (I am very chatty today!) -- I did recall that you had booked a cruise on Rhapsody again -- I remember being very happy for you, because I recall that you kind of "waffled" about the decision for awhile.

Upcoming Trips: Celebrity Galaxy (11/04) for 12-Day Panama Canal (we are "waffling" about this one -- have been the route, and a recent port change now to consider) ...Jewel of the Seas for 04/05 -- 8-Day Caribbean. Although I am considering 10-Day Summit Eastern/Southern Caribbean (because it goes to Barbadoes, has more sea days). Now, if I can just get some $$$$$ to make these decisions easier! LOL!

Bookit

Thanks to everyone for the great information. Glad to know that I don't need to pack a robe or shampoo. This is our first cruise and we weren't sure that the additional funds spent for the js were a good idea, but now, I'm glad we booked it. Thanks Aprille for the link.....very helpful. DID ANYONE SEE THE BOARD RE: BED BUGS?? has anyone ever had a problem on the Rhapsody with bed bugs? One post said to take a plastic mattress cover to use on the cruise.......I won't have enough room to pack all my clothes, much less a mattress cover!!

Rhapsody cabin 8088

These are photos of a corner aft JS on Rhapsody. The balcony in a regular JS won't be as large but there are a few pictures of the cabin which should be the same.

On Rhapsody (and Vision) JS cabins are 241 sq ft with 64 sq ft balcony and D1 cabins are 195 sq ft with 41 sq ft balcony. Except, of course, the aft cabins which have much larger balconies.

Edited to add: Here's a pretty cool website if you haven't already checked it out: CruiseStateroom.com - Rhapsody

I will be in that cabin in January! I can't wait.....Thank you so much for posting this.

I will be in that cabin in January! I can't wait.....Thank you so much for posting this.
I'll be in 8088 in December. :cool: And 8588 (opposite corner aft) on Vision in August 2005. :D :D

I plan to take more photos and post them when I return. A fellow CC member posted the photos in the link I provided when I asked him to take some pictures of it on his cruise back in October (I think). I haven't seen him post in a long time. I think his user name is Terry(something) or (something)Terry. Anyway, thanks a bunch to him for taking the photos in the first place and then sending them to CruiseClues. :)

Starq1,

This is the first I've read on the board about bedbugs -- I think if they were a frequent problem, this board would be a hotbed ;) -- of info! I wouldn't worry too much about it. You could ask the cabin attendant to place your mattress (allergen cover) thingy on your bed, and tip a few $$ extra for special requests, such as this.

Bookit

P.S. - Now I am thinking about the bedspreads ?? per the recent thread about those.. when we want to lie down for a nap, we ask for an extra sheet to place on the bedspread, and wrap part of it over us for cover ...

Archived