Buying liquor for onboard?

jeno

We are on the Carnival Liberty for 28 days this fall. I see that wine is listed in the gift section to be ordered ahead and sent to a cabin for consumption. We have ordered Vodka when on a Princess Cruise and the bottle was waiting for us when we boarded. We ordered tonic and limes from Room service and we were all set. Is it possible to order liquor from Carnival or just wine? Due to the length of time we will be on the ship it would be a real savings.

Can't order liquor on Carnival. Even if you purchase it in the onboard store, they keep it until the last night of the cruise. If you want liquor in your room, I would suggest you put a bottle in your checked luggage. If you put anything but wine in your carry-on, it will be confiscated and returned the last night of the cruise.

Sometimes, when you purchase it in port you can bypass the line where they take your liquor from you and get it to your room, but only if there are people waiting in line to give it to security.

• 2 months later...

Did Carnival change their policy? I ordered and purchased Rum from Carnival for our last cruise. I ordered through their gift dept a couple weeks before we sailed and charged it to my credit card. It was waiting in our cabin when we got onboard. So much easier than smuggling it (especially if you are flying) and it was not that expensive. Easy and well worth it!It is not on their web site, you have to order it by phone.

Archived