Canopy Adventure vs. Extreme Canopy

shell22078

I am trying to decide on these 2 excursions but I really can't tell the difference just in looking them up. Any idea which one is better?

I booked the extreme canopy. From my understanding, the extreme canopy consist of mule riding, repelling, and zip lining. I wouldn't know which one is better. I also know that it sells out fast. I was trying to change my time around and wasn't able too since it was all booked already. Hope that helps.

I am trying to decide on these 2 excursions but I really can't tell the difference just in looking them up. Any idea which one is better?

If purchased from the ship, both excursions are run by Vallarta Adventures -

Canopy Adventure - http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/canopy-tour/index.html

Extreme Canopy (aka Outdoor Adventure) - http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/outdoor-challange/index.html

Enjoy!

My husband and I did the extreme last summer. It was the most fun we had in a long time! The guides were awesome! You begin with a boat ride, then a ride in a Unimog truck and then they put you on a mule and you go up the mountain. It's BEAUTIFUL! You zipline and one ends in a pond of water. You rappel down a waterfall, which was a bit hard but it was pretty short and fun! I highly recommend it! After you're done, you have a short hike back through the trees. It's so gorgeous that you won't mind the walk!

My husband and I did the extreme last summer. It was the most fun we had in a long time! The guides were awesome! You begin with a boat ride, then a ride in a Unimog truck and then they put you on a mule and you go up the mountain. It's BEAUTIFUL! You zipline and one ends in a pond of water. You rappel down a waterfall, which was a bit hard but it was pretty short and fun! I highly recommend it! After you're done, you have a short hike back through the trees. It's so gorgeous that you won't mind the walk!

HI,

I have this excursion booked for my cruise in 2 weeks. I have some questions. Not everyone in our group including myself are very active people. We're not overweight but just not very fit so to say. Do you think we'll be ok? I think I can handle everything but I did see a small clip of the rapelling down the waterfall and that seems a little difficult to do. You also mentioned that in your post. I just hope we'll be ok.

More questions. Are shorts and t-shirts ok? I hear that you should wear tennis shoes. I know you will get wet. Does your shoes and socks get drenched? Debating on what kind of shoes to bring. How about afterward? Do you change into dry clothes before hiking back or do you walk back in wet clothes. Also for the walk back, are CROCS ok? Or will I need another tennis shoes? Thank you so much.

To the Oringal Poster--sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread. I just posted this hoping the old poster can see it.

Janie

I did the extreme canopy in April, and you will get totally wet. On one of the zip lines you will zip into water and have to pull yourself out of the water. As far as I know you cannot avoid rappelling. I wore sports sandals and I was okay ... a little slippery when rappelling off the face of the wall but that was because I was a little close to the waterfall. Rapelling was surprisingly easy unless you have a total fear of heights. I'm not great with heights and had no problem. You walk to the edge. You face towards the wall, lean back and starting walking down the face of the waterfall as you loosen your grip on your rope. The other rapel is you just sit and slowly loosen your ropes as you descend. If you do a search in cruise critic I describe in full what the tour was like.

I wore a tankini swim top and shorts. Bring change of clothes. You will be walking back in wet clothes to the main camp whereby you will change and get back on the truck and to the boat.

Hope this info helps.

Archived