NCL Majesty - Teen Activities

lucy1311

I will be traveling with my three daughters, ages 18, 17 and 12 in August on NCL Majesty to Bermuda. I primarily picked it because I live in the Boston area and this is one of the few ships that leaves out of Boston (I hate flying!). Our previous cruise was on a Disney ship which definitely catered to kids and teens. I don't want this to be a let down for my kids. Any activity suggestions, especially for my 17 and 18 years olds. Also, the brochure I have does not list a Broadway type theater where we can see shows? My husband and I went on a NCL cruise to Hawaii last spring and the shows were fantastic. I'm hoping it was just an oversight in the brochure and the Majesty will have comparable shows.

We were on the Majesty 2 years ago, I have 2 daughters, one is almost 20 and the other is almost 11. They had a blast. My older daughter made friends and we never saw her. My younger daughter went to the Kids Crew a couple of times, but she was afraid she would miss out on something with us. When we go again this August, they are both bringing a friend. There is too much of an age difference, and they never want to so the same things. There are shows, we never went to the "broadway style" shows, so I dont know how they are.

I can say that the Not So Newlywed Show and the Liars Club are fun. We saw a great Neil Diamond tribute too.

Your oldest will be old enough to drink in the bars in Bermuda, but not old enough to sign for her own drinks on the ship.

My then 18 year old got off the ship and went to a bar right near the dock.

The pool area has a "themed party" at night that is a lot of fun, too. We hung around there most nights.

I dont think you will be disappointed. We live in Weymouth and I think the best part of the cruise is getting off the ship and being home in a 1/2 hour!!!

Patty

NCL Majesty 04

NCL Majesty 02

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;08;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Go to cruiseclues.com, then shipstips (top left) then scroll down until you see norwegian majesty. Under the photo album someone posted copies of the activities including the teen activities. This is from leaving out of Charleston but I assume they have a lot of the same activities.

We were on the Majesty last year with our boys then 12 and 16. They got involved with the activites the first night and we hardly ever saw them. They had a wonderful time and we'll be returning again this August! Have a great cruise!

lucy and pat,

Hi. I am also sailing to Bermuda in August. Do you mind if I ask which week you are going? We are going the 8th-15th. I also have a 12 yr old, but a son and a 10 yr old son too. I have had the same questions about my 12 yr old being bored or too old for the kids club. The responses to my past posts may be helpful to you. If you need help getting to them let me know. Hopefully, we will get more advice as this is a great forum for it.

Bye,

Patti

Bermuda Bound!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;8;8;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We will be on the Majesty during the week of August 22nd. We went on the same cruise a few years ago and had a great time. This year she is 15 and will be looking forward to meeting new friends.

Thanks, Everyone, for your great posts. I feel so much better about my kids having a good time on our August 29 cruise. Also, thanks to all of you who posted links for the pictures you took on the Majesty. I can't wait now!

Hi Lucy1311, we will be on the 8/29 also, i have a son 11 and daughter 10, and not to forget the wife. hope to see you on borded

1985-NCL Skyward

1987-NCL Starward

1992-NCL Seaward

1994-NCL Starward

2002- Carnival Victory

2003-NCL Dawn

2004-NCL Majesty

• 2 months later...

Hi Lucy and Stgrand,

My daughter (15) and I will be on the 8/29 cruise with you. My daughter has never been bored on a cruise yet, this will be her 4th cruise on NCL. Were leaving my husband home this time and just doing a mother/daughter cruise. On the first night of our last cruise my daughter had 10 teens in her cabin after midnight for a pizza party.....this time will be different now that she is sharing a cabin with me.

Margaret

Archived