need help.. which ship/itinerary for wedding

zurich72

We just got engaged in January on our first ever cruise (Carnival Triumph, eastern). We have decided to get married at sea on Princess. We have it narrowed down to two choices:

1. Golden Princess - southern out of P.R./Feb 2006 - like the ports, but with only one day at sea, are afraid we won't get to relax and enjoy the ship.

2. Princess Star - western out of Fort Lauderdale/Jan 2006- concern with reviews of western itinerary, but has 2 days at sea, and more convienient port?

If anyone has any opinions on ship or itinerary or port or staterooms (which should we pick?), I would so greatly appreciate it.

Didn't think I'd be a crazy time, but found out yesterday slots are already being booked for 06!

Thanks in advance for all your help and knowledge!

We just came back from the CP Eastern itinerary. My daughter was married aboard. It was fantastic.

Couple of things to think about:

1) I suggest you plan the wedding for the beginning of the week so you get the stress out of the way and can relax and enjoy the rest of the week.

2) Princess Wedding are on sea days. My daughter was married on Monday and we partied the rest of the week.

3) If you can afford it look at the minisuites on the emerald deck, you get the bigger room to dress in, you will need the extra space, and you get a Private balcony for those private moments. The dolphin deck balconies are completely exposed

4) Our wedding was in the skywalkers, no worries about the weather and once again very private.

Hope that helps

I have done both intineraries, the Western on the Grand Princess (sister to Golden and Star, which I have also traveled on) and the Southern (Barbados route) on RCCL Adventure of the Seas (honeymoon!).

The Southern itinerary would win out for me in the future, although it was so port intensive that I slept through Antigua. The Western intinerary might be a better choice for you as you will have more time to be involved in yourselves vs all the port calls.

If you do go Southern spend some extra time in San Juan - perhaps a couple nights afterwords in Dorado (20-30 minutes West of San Juan by freeway). Dorado is a very nice beach area.

Good luck with the wedding!

We got married in October on the Coral Princess. My advise is pick the iternary with the most SEA days. We left on a Thur, FRI was a sea day and we were able to check on spa appointments and get adjusted. We got married on Sat (also a sea day) in the afternoon ... used the morning for spa appointments, etc. The next couple of days were port ... and busy. We had a couple sea days @ the end of the week and that is when we finally got to relax.

I love ports and new adventures .. and got some ... but the sea days will always be my favorite on that trip .. sleep in, no rushing ... QUALITY time with my bride!

Let me know if there is any other info I can help you with ... read this post about our experience

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=96103

Archived