Island Princess Wedding Question?

egalley

Hello all,

I'm about to get married on the Island Princess in Nov on our way to Hawaii. What locations are the best place to get married on the ship, Chapel, Deck..etc? I would like to get married on a deck but I don't know how private that can be. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi egalley

I've been on several Princess ships and have never known of a wedding onboard in other than the chapel. Let's hope some newly weds can answer this for sure.

Plans to meet on board are being finalized in our roll call.

Egalley, if you go to the wedding/honeymoon boards there is a ton of information about weddings.

As far as getting married on the ship, I believe Princess is the only one that will marry at sea by the captain. Usually on the ships you have to be married at port and only in the chapels.

Check out the wedding boards though, it has great information.

Good luck with your wedding plans!!

Hi egalley

I've been on several Princess ships and have never known of a wedding onboard in other than the chapel. Let's hope some newly weds can answer this for sure.

Plans to meet on board are being finalized in our roll call.

I've heard you can get married on a deck. We'll see!

Ya, I saw. First sailing day at 3pm. I'll be there!

Egalley, if you go to the wedding/honeymoon boards there is a ton of information about weddings.

As far as getting married on the ship, I believe Princess is the only one that will marry at sea by the captain. Usually on the ships you have to be married at port and only in the chapels.

Check out the wedding boards though, it has great information.

Good luck with your wedding plans!!

Thanks, I didn't see that forum, but I found it. I'll repost there.

egalley,

As someone who was married on deck of the Island Princess last November I can tell you it can be done. We had our ceremony on the aft area of the Baha deck. It was very private and they put up a sign that the area was being used for a private function.

You made a great choice getting married on the Island!!!

Let me know any questions you may have.

Scott

Thanks for your reply. If you really enjoyed it, I'll try get that location too. We have a very small wedding party. Just four of us so I think on the deck would be perfect. If you have any sugestions let me know. Thanks again

Eric

Archived