Cruise weddings

Hello, to answer some of your questions. My husband and I were married in 1997 on the Grandeur of the Seas while we were docked in Puerto Rico. We used the company called Weddings For You and were able to chose whic type and size of wedding package we wanted. We had over 43 of our closest friends and family who also joined us in this endeavor. Everyone enjoyed it a lot. Everything went according to plans and the planning was much less stressful than the traditional weddings these days which can cost enough to put a downpayment on a house!! Anyhow, we were married on board in one of the lounges and we had the wedding music and the candles and wine and the justice of the piece cam on board and married us. We later went around the ship and had pictures taken. Then we had dinner in the dining room at our scheduled seating. We then had our own little private celebration at the Viking Crown Lounge where we had open bar for 2hrs and we had hot and cold O'deurvs and we had the DJ playing all kinds of music that we had brought as my family is mostly Portuguese. It was a wonderful time and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to have a lasting and different memory of a wedding.

I hope this helps, Johanne

Hi, we were married on the Navigator of the Seas, May '03. Ceremony was prior to sailing in Miami. We had 65 guests, with the lunch buffet and open bar. We had a terrrific time, would not have changed a thing.

Check the wedding board here on cruise critic. I found that to be a big help in planning my onboard wedding.

All the best!

To clarify, the company that now handles the weddings for RCL is called Royal Romance. They were truely awful to deal with. You would call up with a question, and they would tell you that they'd call you back 2 weeks before sailing with all the final arrangements. They didn't follow up with me to let me know that I needed to have some documents filled out, and we almost weren't able to get married because of it. They overcharged our credit card and it took us 2 months to get a refund. Etc, etc.

When we got there for the wedding we were very pleasantly suprised to see how well they handled the actual cerimony. It was beautiful and well organized. It was a very affordable way to get married and perfect for us. I would recommend to anyone at all interested in getting married on a cruise to do it!!! I'm just giving you a heads-up on the company.

I too was married on the Majesty. In fact I met my husband on board the ship. Royal Romance can be frustrating to use. They were always nice. I had 3 different wedding planners before it was turned over to the 2 onboard. I coppied everything they sent or emailed me. One thing they did not tell us until about 4 weeks after the wedding is that everone needed to email or fax them the numbers of thier passport for those that were non sailing guests. Once onboard everything went great. We are celebrating our 3rd aniv on the Navigator in 3 weeks.

Lexi

My experience has been delightful with Royal Romance! You just have to make sure that you thoroughly review all the information they send you and there shouldn't be any surprises!

It is a hassle to gather all the personal information (passport #, DOB and DL #) for all the non-sailing guests but I understand they need to do it for security purposes. Once you send in the guest list (it's due 30 days prior to sailing) you cannot make any changes, additions, deletions, NOTHING. My wedding may be moved to the Port of Miami due to the hurricanes and alot of my guests won't be able to travel from Orlando. If those guests don't show up because of the location change we cannot be refunded for the costs associated with those guests! I just pray Port Canaveral will be OK.

I'm getting married next Sunday on the Mariner, I'll post a review on the Honeymoon & Wedding cruises board upon my return.

Also, they will not confirm your wedding time or location on the ship until 2 weeks prior to sailing. They have to do this in order to coordinate the other weddings that may be taking place the same day.

I dealt with Catherine Alvarez. She was always very friendly and quick to respond to my questions.

"My experience has been delightful with Royal Romance! You just have to make sure that you thoroughly review all the information they send you and there shouldn't be any surprises!"

I'm glad everything went so smoothly with you. For myself however, that packet of information they send you was never sent to me..the checklist and application for marriage license, etc. Everytime I would call to make sure they didn't need anything, because I hadn't done much other than fill out the initial paper work and pay for it, they would tell me "no, everything is fine!". Then, one day about 1.5 weeks before the cruise I called because they had promised me a phone call 2 weeks before the cruise. During that phone call, it was final discovered that I hadn't filled out any of the paper work including the application for marriage license (I've never been married before so didn't know you had to APPLY for it). It was a big hassel and we got it notarized the day before the cruise. PHEW!

Ceremony was great though! I always tell people that I spent as much on the entire ceremony as you would normally spend just to get a profession photographer to show up at your wedding. Guess what...professional photographer included for about 2 hours.

Have a great wedding! Be prepared to be paraded around the ship.

And the best perk of all about getting married on board? When you show up at the port, you get to cut through all of the lines for check-in. I had a Princess rep and 2 reps from Royal Romance making a path in the crowd for us to go through. I've never received so many go to you know what looks in my life. But seriously, I was wearing a taira...what did they think I was doing?

Archived