Time to celebrate...big!!! Wedding booked on the breeze!!!

dchoney

After reading every post possible in this forum, I decided to go with an 8-Night Eastern Caribbean Wedding Cruise out of Miami on the Breeze on July 18, 2015!!

Because of the great advise received here, I was able to book the Time to Celebrate...Big package and secured the Liquid Lounge with the DJ!!! I can't thank the many brides for sharing their experiences and tips. I've taken detailed notes and will be using your advise every step of the way. It got really real after paying for the package today! They sent me so many documents, I still trying to get through them all!

If anyone has any advice or wants to post their favorite Breeze wedding picture, please feel free! There is still so much to do to get ready for July 18th!

Thank you!!

Edited by dchoney

Thanks everyone!!! Very exciting times!!! Since this is a cruise wedding, how far in advance do you send out the "Save the Date" postcard? Also, is there a website that you would recommend for a wedding page? So much to do!!! Thank goodness I have until July 2015!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks everyone!!! Very exciting times!!! Since this is a cruise wedding, how far in advance do you send out the "Save the Date" postcard? Also, is there a website that you would recommend for a wedding page? So much to do!!! Thank goodness I have until July 2015!!!

Cool question indeed

Looking forward to read everyone's answers

Greg :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congrats!

We sent our STDs as soon as we booked (early April for a late September wedding) and we're having a good turnout (41 guests with 16 sailing).

I've read of cruise brides sending them over a year in advance. There is no wrong answer with cruise weddings :)

As for the website, we're using ewedding.com. I am not computer savvy AT ALL, and I found it very easy to set up and use. It is "free," but they charge for anything beyond the basics, such as online RSVPs. I found it worth the pricce for a gold upgrade.

Edited by VASOXFANN

I just used the Carnival Weddings website and registry. It was idiot proof (which is perfect for me).

As for STDs we didn't send them, but that was mainly because we booked everything in March and sent out invites the end of April. We did however let everybody know facebook and email how to find our website.

True story: we had somebody RSVP that they were coming before the invites went out and we hadn't planned on inviting them. I'm very happy we did though!

We sent our STDs out in February for a January 2015 wedding date. Sooner the better so friends and family can budget. We sent out the invitation packets with RSVPs the end of June so that we can get a head count. Only our family is attending the wedding but many of our friends are sailing with us. We set up a page on the knot and also a facebook group for everyone interested in sailing. I also set up a Carnival page since we registered for Carnival Credit as our main wedding registry.

Thanks again for all of the responses. I love this forum because it has been so helpful! I found my Save the Date and as soon as I get everyone's address, will get them out sooner rather than later based on the great advise! Who knew that there was so much to do once you say "Yes"! Wow...I'm overwhelmed already with the many details that have to be considered! Again, thanks for all of the advice and tips!

After reading every post possible in this forum, I decided to go with an 8-Night Eastern Caribbean Wedding Cruise out of Miami on the Breeze on July 18, 2015!!

Thank you!!

Our wedding is Feb 22, 2015 on the Breeze, also with the DJ in the Liquid Lounge. We are doing the tour on Sept 7th, planning on posting pics.

Our wedding is Feb 22, 2015 on the Breeze, also with the DJ in the Liquid Lounge. We are doing the tour on Sept 7th, planning on posting pics.

Thanks for the heads up! I look forward to seeing your pictures since I will not be able to do the tour! I'm in the DC area..

Also, what type of cabin did you decide to go with? I am torn between a balcony or suite.

Thanks for the heads up! I look forward to seeing your pictures since I will not be able to do the tour! I'm in the DC area..

Also, what type of cabin did you decide to go with? I am torn between a balcony or suite.

We went with an ocean suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, our plans have changed and we decided to do a land-based ceremony and reception. While I'm disappointed, it makes sense for our family since most didn't want to have to travel from the DC area to Miami. The good news is that we are still going on the Breeze to celebrate! So, I had to cancel today and I had also reserved the DJ if anyone was looking to use a DJ on the July 18th Breeze out of Miami!