2015 Brides!

Yes, I'm going with carnival for the ceremony. The Wedding Experience takes care of the details for the island ceremony, and they also provide a price list if you ask.

The night club is only a must as a reception area if you request to have the DJ; and the sound technician basically just plays the songs that I'm providing for the reception. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. I'm also learning along the way :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you go with the sound technician instead of the DJ at the club (we aren't really into clubs... where is the reception location? Do you provide a disc with all of the songs you'd like played?

I understand you don't the call with your exact location until a couple of weeks beforehand, but do you know what the possible location options are?

If you go with the sound technician instead of the DJ at the club (we aren't really into clubs... where is the reception location? Do you provide a disc with all of the songs you'd like played?

I understand you don't the call with your exact location until a couple of weeks beforehand, but do you know what the possible location options are?

Hi there :)

I know a couple of the options are the stage lounge and the library. There are other options that I can't recall at the moment, but you can email carnival at weddings@carnival.com or guestinfo@carnival.com and they'll be able to provide you with more options. Also, the options are based on the availability of the date that you have selected for your reception.

Also, as far as music, you provide the disc and the technician will play it accordingly.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)

Happy planning!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are doing the sound tech in the club. No DJ. For the reception I'm just too selfish to give up that short amount of time for songs I dont want to hear, so we are just bringing a cd.

To Vegas 82 & All ,

1st, congratulations to Vegas82 as I know your wedding is right around the corner.

Secondly, can you all tell me how you are reserving cabins for your guests? We are paying for family members and the wedding party but can not swing paying for additional guests.

Can We reserve cabins for guests to insure they are blocked with us without the ackward request for the deposit back or are all of you paying the deposit for all of your guests as well?

Please share as I want to do the appropriate thing with in reason.

I look forward to your suggestions and glad to find this message board. We have learned a great deal and helpful tips in dealing with the cruise lines.

Taylor Wedding Nov 23, 2015

Just turned in our guest list and made the final payment (2/22 on the Breeze). We ended up with way more people attending than we had anticipated. We have 20 sailing and 61 non-sailing guests.

We were also told that our ceremony will be at 1 in the Limelight and the reception in the Liquid Lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just turned in our guest list and made the final payment (2/22 on the Breeze). We ended up with way more people attending than we had anticipated. We have 20 sailing and 61 non-sailing guests.

We were also told that our ceremony will be at 1 in the Limelight and the reception in the Liquid Lounge.

How did you get 61 non-sailing guests? I understood it to be an allowance of only 50.

How did you get 61 non-sailing guests? I understood it to be an allowance of only 50.

I think we got lucky. We found out that we are the only embankment wedding that day. We were originally at 52 with the 2 extra being children and there wasn't a problem. We then ended up with 57. My fiancé called because I was freaking out and they said they would allow us 60. When I turned the guest list in, I had the 60 people but needed one more to be added. They told me they were okay with it and that I could actually add a small handful more if needed.

Edited by hbicfrd

To Vegas 82 & All ,

1st, congratulations to Vegas82 as I know your wedding is right around the corner.

Secondly, can you all tell me how you are reserving cabins for your guests? We are paying for family members and the wedding party but can not swing paying for additional guests.

Can We reserve cabins for guests to insure they are blocked with us without the ackward request for the deposit back or are all of you paying the deposit for all of your guests as well?

Please share as I want to do the appropriate thing with in reason.

I look forward to your suggestions and glad to find this message board. We have learned a great deal and helpful tips in dealing with the cruise lines.

Taylor Wedding Nov 23, 2015

We used a private TA. We choose 3 different types of cabins to hold. We handle a total of 45 cabins for one month with no charge. (some longer than the month). Our guest called the TA and paid there own deposit. It was $25 a person for double occupancy and $150 for anything more than that. At that they were set up on a payment plan. They had three months to pay the payment and the total has to be paid by 60 days out. We chose this option so it was a smaller down payment and payment plan. The TA I choose has done several wedding cruises so she is very knowledgeable and communicates very well with me. Doing this also links everyone together. The guest do have a choice of dining times but everyone did choose to eat with us. Doing this also allows me to choose where everyone sits at dinner (which is a great thing for us because by fiancés step mother is evil and not many people like her) lol. So I made sure certain people weren't around her. Hope this helps. I am glad I choose this option because I really don't have to do anything

I think we got lucky. We found out that we are the only embankment wedding that day. We were originally at 52 with the 2 extra being children and there wasn't a problem. We then ended up with 57. My fiancé called because I was freaking out and they said they would allow us 60. When I turned the guest list in, I had the 60 people but needed one more to be added. They told me they were okay with it and that I could actually add a small handful more if needed.

Good to know!! Thanks!!

Is anyone planning an at home reception? Although we have many friends and family booked for our cruise we still have plenty more who are not able to attend, so we will be having a reception about a month after we return. We have another snow day today so I've spent the whole morning trying to lay things out for that and it's just stressing me out! I can't imagine having to plan an entire wedding and reception....this (super) casual reception is enough. I feel that with our wedding planner in KW taking care of most everything I haven't really planned the wedding; it's been so stress free, thus far. But this reception - tents, food, linens, utensils, music, cake, drinks.....AHHHHHH!

Is anyone planning an at home reception? Although we have many friends and family booked for our cruise we still have plenty more who are not able to attend, so we will be having a reception about a month after we return. We have another snow day today so I've spent the whole morning trying to lay things out for that and it's just stressing me out! I can't imagine having to plan an entire wedding and reception....this (super) casual reception is enough. I feel that with our wedding planner in KW taking care of most everything I haven't really planned the wedding; it's been so stress free, thus far. But this reception - tents, food, linens, utensils, music, cake, drinks.....AHHHHHH!

We are doing an at home reception about a month after we get home and we are SUPER stressed about it. Not enough time we are starting to think.....

I am so excited to get things going here! We have almost everything done....which has taken so long to get all these fine little details. But I'm pretty impressed we finished with time to spare. Now its just saving money. Woohoo!

I'm back and a review posted. I have to say I was thrilled with everything.

Oh and Lacy, we are doing dinners in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Nashville over the course of the spring and inviting our friend to join us, letting a restaurant take the burden for us.

Ahh I don't see your review! Where would it be?

We are getting married in Grand Turk on May 29, 2015. We are having our ceremony and a Caribbean Flare luncheon at the Bohio Resort in Grand Turk which we booked directly with the hotel and afterwards a 2 hour reception onboard the Carnival Breeze.

The Bohio is absolutely beautiful and Ginny the owner is just simply the best. We had the opportunity to visit Grand Turk during a New Years cruise and went to see the two main venues in the island Bohio and Osprey which is the vendor Carnival uses. The beach in Bohio is out of this world and the attention to detail Ginny provided was amazing.

Originally, we wanted to get married in Grand Cayman but being a tender port we did not want to take any chances. Grand Turk is great because the ships dock there and the colors of the ocean are to die for.

I am in full countdown mode :)

Congratulations to everyone here. Anyone else doing the Carnival Breeze?

I was thinking today.......does anyone else feel like their lives are in fast forward lately? I started this thread almost a year ago and I can remember thinking I'm sooooo jealous of the brides and grooms getting married within a few months. We have seen some come and go and now I'm thinking in 2 short months I'll be gone as well. :( everything goes by so fast as you get older..... but on a more positive note, in January I started a new weight loss plan followed by my Dr and I have lost 20 lbs! Holy toledo! I'm so excited for that and I think I can lose another 15 to 20 before the wedding *here's hoping* how are my ladies and gents doing out there? I feel like updates haven't happened much lately so here is where we are at:

Ceremony in Cocoa Beach *paid and setup info sent

Marriage License *info sent waiting to get back our app to have a notary sign it.

Hotels booked and paid for.

Transportation to and from MCO to Port Canaveral reserved. (Just have to reserve the family shuttle)

Group booking (reception) on the Valor *booked, gets billed to your room but we have the money set aside.

Dress *fitting at the end of February because I'm losing so much weight we are waiting till the last minute.

Flowers *I'm totally winging it but I will be running to a flower shop the day before to make my own (my sister used to work at a floral shop so she can put them together.) I'm not too concerned with the flowers because we aren't bringing them on the ship so for an hr long ceremony with pictures I'm not spending all that much on them. I bought a fake flower bouquet for the on ship pictures.

Guest gift bags *done! I've gotten so much stuff over the last couple of months in them and now I believe they are fully ready to go. I'm going to have to ship them down though because we are not carrying them on the plane. Bummer.

Dinner the night before for the guests *reserved and trying to get transportation figured out.

Honeymoon! * we are staying in additional week in FL after the cruise and we booked everything for that as well.

All in all things are pretty smooth, just saving money like crazy and trying to get things all put together. I have broke down and bought a wedding planner book just so I can have all the important documents all together when we go. Urghhhhh now it's just the waiting game. Woohoo!

I was thinking today.......does anyone else feel like their lives are in fast forward lately? I started this thread almost a year ago and I can remember thinking I'm sooooo jealous of the brides and grooms getting married within a few months. We have seen some come and go and now I'm thinking in 2 short months I'll be gone as well. :( everything goes by so fast as you get older.....

I absolutely feel like this!! We have 205 days to go, and as far away as August sounds I also think OMG - only 200 days!! I feel like I have so many little decisions to make. Thank goodness everything big is already taken care of! I've been hawking airfare lately - Southwest will publish their fares on the 19th for our travel date so we will be making a decision about that very soon!!

MY DRESS CAME IN YESTERDAY!! I am so excited!! BUT I'm also so busy that I can't possibly figure out when I'll get down to pick it up (it's 2 hours away). I think I'll take Monday off and do that. I kept saying to Troy last night "My dress is here! My dress is here!" I said, "If you are going to keep telling me this every 5 minutes for the next 6 months you're honestly going to drive me crazy!" :D