2015 Brides!

Hey everyone!

Wooftah I am getting to the home stretch. (Can you believe I started this thread a year ago?! Where has the time gone? Well I get married a week from today and we leave in 3 days so I'm pretty darn excited.

I'm glad to hear everyone's plans are coming along! For me, its just final packing and we leave. Random question:

Did you ladies stay in your dresses or are you planning to all day and night?

Yayyyy I'm excited for you! Good luck! I hope its a stress free day for you! As far as wearing the dress, I plan on buying a white tank top with "Bride" on it and keeping my hair up and make up done and wearing my veil! I can't wait!

Good Luck!!

Did anyone have someone else besides carnival take pictures? I have just heard bad things about carnivals photographers. :( I have a few friends I could ask to come and do some, would they be allowed to bring flashes?

Did anyone have someone else besides carnival take pictures? I have just heard bad things about carnivals photographers. :( I have a few friends I could ask to come and do some, would they be allowed to bring flashes?

I had a photographer from Carnival take my wedding pictures and they turned out great! I have no complaints. Attached are some of the pics from the wedding. I hope they help you with your decision. Also Carnival does not allow professional photography, so flashes are not allowed. Best of luck :)

ImageUploadedByForums1428434686.929699.jpg.dbcd973861be0d159e7bd02321791302.jpg

I have 48 days to go until embarkation and I can't believe the day is almost here. I have my final dress fitting on April 17 and then I am off to Europe for work for 8 days. Once I am back in May I am flying to Louisiana for one of my friends wedding and then the following week she is flying down to go on the cruise with us.

I can't seem to get anyone to send me a copy of the welcome letter. Ladies please if any of you have a template you can email me, please send it to travelprincess82@gmail.com

On another note, half of my favors are already here (luggage tags) and the other half (sea star wine toppers) are ordered and on their way. Now all we need to do is final payment 3 weeks before to the venue in Grand Turk and then end of this month the final payment to Carnival for additional guests. So far we have 34 in total sailing. Any recommendations last minute? Anything I am missing, I keep checking my folder daily and still I feel like I am forgetting something.

I can't wait to see everyone's pictures.

Hey everyone!

Wooftah I am getting to the home stretch. (Can you believe I started this thread a year ago?! Where has the time gone? Well I get married a week from today and we leave in 3 days so I'm pretty darn excited.

I'm glad to hear everyone's plans are coming along! For me, its just final packing and we leave. Random question:

Did you ladies stay in your dresses or are you planning to all day and night?

It's almost time. I wish you beautiful weather and bright blessing on your special day!

I have 48 days to go until embarkation and I can't believe the day is almost here. I have my final dress fitting on April 17 and then I am off to Europe for work for 8 days. Once I am back in May I am flying to Louisiana for one of my friends wedding and then the following week she is flying down to go on the cruise with us.

I can't seem to get anyone to send me a copy of the welcome letter. Ladies please if any of you have a template you can email me, please send it to travelprincess82@gmail.com

On another note, half of my favors are already here (luggage tags) and the other half (sea star wine toppers) are ordered and on their way. Now all we need to do is final payment 3 weeks before to the venue in Grand Turk and then end of this month the final payment to Carnival for additional guests. So far we have 34 in total sailing. Any recommendations last minute? Anything I am missing, I keep checking my folder daily and still I feel like I am forgetting something.

I can't wait to see everyone's pictures.

I just emailed my welcome letter, hope it helps

I cannot believe it's almost time!! I get married on Monday!! We leave on Friday for Puerto Rico and then Sunday on the cruise we go!! For the most part, everything is set! It's just a waiting game now... I got my hair done yesterday, and I'm getting my nails done today.. I'm so excited!!!

I cannot believe it's almost time!! I get married on Monday!! We leave on Friday for Puerto Rico and then Sunday on the cruise we go!! For the most part, everything is set! It's just a waiting game now... I got my hair done yesterday, and I'm getting my nails done today.. I'm so excited!!!

Yay!!!! Have a super spectacular day!! Can't wait to hear about it upon your return!

Super exciting. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Does everyone really have to be onboard at 9:30a.m?

They have to be at the port at whatever time your wedding coordinator told you. I told my guests 10 to make sure they were all there by 10:30. If they are not there on time they will not be permitted to board with you. If they are non-sailing they will not be permitted to board at all if they are not there on time.

My fiancé and I are getting married on Explorer of the Seas in July 2015.

I am not sure what to do about my hair for our wedding day, I thought about booking an appointment on board but not sure the salon will be able to do what I want and won't have any time for a practice run.

Has anyone been through this/ know what I can do to contact them?

Also, I don't usually wear make-up - I don't even own any - but am worried about me looking terrible in our wedding photo's and know there will be minimal/no editing done by the on-board photographers. does anyone have any advice?

My fiancé and I are getting married on Explorer of the Seas in July 2015.

I am not sure what to do about my hair for our wedding day, I thought about booking an appointment on board but not sure the salon will be able to do what I want and won't have any time for a practice run.

Has anyone been through this/ know what I can do to contact them?

Also, I don't usually wear make-up - I don't even own any - but am worried about me looking terrible in our wedding photo's and know there will be minimal/no editing done by the on-board photographers. does anyone have any advice?

Because of formal dinner nights and such most shipboard salons are great as updos and more formal hairstyles. You might call your cruiseline and see if you bring your own make up supplies will they also apply that for you. If not, My suggestion is this, practice before the big day. Look for looks you like on pinterest, even go somewhere like Ulta or Sephora and have a make over and they will tell you how they are doing each thing. Then go home and practice. I did my make up and then went for a long hot summer walk to make sure my products would hold up through the wedding. And as I have said before, setting/finishing spray is your BEST friend. It really makes it go the distance.

My date is 12/8/15 Carnival Liberty in St. Thomas...choosing on island wedding planner now because Carnival gives you NO options for the same price I am finding. You can always buy wedding insurance if you are worried about missing a port. I think $4000 was like $200. Just so I can sleep better knowing I get my money back if something crazy happens!

This post just shot a panic straight through me!!! :eek::eek::eek:

We're first time cruisers and it didn't even cross our minds that a ship might miss the port. We're cruising on Carnival Liberty from PR on 5/10 and getting married in St. Thomas on 5/11. What in the world will we do if our ship misses port in St. Thomas?!!!!

don't panic don't panic don't panic.......

Hello everyone!!! We are back from our wonderful wedding/honeymoon!

I know a few of you are going on the Liberty from San Juan and getting married in St Thomas. I can give you all the info you need! My wedding planner to photographer everything was amazing!!! ImageUploadedByForums1429549874.558074.jpg.9225434b7ba8ac5845e65ab2bfbbf030.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1429549835.289532.jpg.f388927a37ea4c2b4dd32fc7183656bd.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1429549848.788640.jpg.be27922c51aa5dfeb1c06ea42b7e1ba3.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1429549863.776957.jpg.8dfbca28d6b5b872c8450d462b6965f2.jpg

Hello everyone!!! We are back from our wonderful wedding/honeymoon!

I know a few of you are going on the Liberty from San Juan and getting married in St Thomas. I can give you all the info you need! My wedding planner to photographer everything was amazing!!! [ATTACH]346927[/ATTACH][ATTACH]346928[/ATTACH][ATTACH]346929[/ATTACH][ATTACH]346930[/ATTACH]

this post is perfect timing! 3 weeks, 1 hour and 45 minutes from now we will be saying "I do" on Limetree beach in St. Thomas, 1st port of call on our Carnival Liberty cruise! Love the pics! Who did you use? We have booked BlueSkyCeremonies (Amber has been amazing!) and Savanah Loftus Photography (love her beautiful soft and romantic pics). How was the weather? Did you use Sugar & Spice salon for hair and makeup? What time of day did you get married? What did you do on the ship afterwards? Our wedding will be at 3 with 2 hours of photo's on the beach and in old historic Charlotte Amalie. Then back to the ship for dinner and dancing all night long. It's just my fiance' and I, we're eloping. With each of our families in two different countries (both other than USA) it's impossible to have a "traditional" wedding.

Please share as many details about your beautiful day as you would like!

Edited by MonsterS4R

I had planned to but by the time we were done with pictures both of us decided to change into comfy clothes for dinner. I was tired of fighting my dress to walk comfortably and he was ready for a break from his bowtie choker lol

I strategically planned a 3 p.m. beach ceremony so that we could board the ship immediately afterwards, have a cocktail, then dinner and then dance the night away IN MY DRESS. LOL My fiance' will be in comfortable white linen beach pants and a casual button up shirt, so he will definitely be comfy. But I'm going to enjoy being a bride for as long as I can AND get my money's worth for my dress LOL :cool::p:o

this post is perfect timing! 3 weeks, 1 hour and 45 minutes from now we will be saying "I do" on Limetree beach in St. Thomas, 1st port of call on our Carnival Liberty cruise! Love the pics! Who did you use? We have booked BlueSkyCeremonies (Amber has been amazing!) and Savanah Loftus Photography (love her beautiful soft and romantic pics). How was the weather? Did you use Sugar & Spice salon for hair and makeup? What time of day did you get married? What did you do on the ship afterwards? Our wedding will be at 3 with 2 hours of photo's on the beach and in old historic Charlotte Amalie. Then back to the ship for dinner and dancing all night long. It's just my fiance' and I, we're eloping. With each of our families in two different countries (both other than USA) it's impossible to have a "traditional" wedding.

Please share as many details about your beautiful day as you would like!

Hello! We used Island Bliss Weddings. We got married at 11am and went straight back to the ship afterwards. I loved Elisha Orin's photography. She does amazing photography. I already have my photos back. Her husband did my videography and that turned out amazing as well. The weather was very windy. Sugar and spice did my hair and makeup. Try to pick an updo. It will stay in place all day and night. Also do the airbrushing for makeup. It's extra $$ but worth it!! I got my makeup done at 930 and it was unchanged and looking perfect at 10pm!!! Be careful with your timing only because you have to be back on the ship at 4:30 for a 5pm departure. THEY WILL LEAVE YOU IF YOU ARE LATE TO SHIP!! I saw people running down the port... Kinda funny. Lol we only had 13 people with us. It was a great time!!

Ask me anything! It's quite fresh in my mind...

I have another quick question that I'm sure many of you destination brides have the answer to...what about travel/flying with the dress? I don't want to check it, too risky with airline baggage getting lost. I don't want to pack it in a carry on...too many wrinkles. We're flying Delta and I did read on their site that "SOME" flights have a closet in first class that the stewardess' will allow you to hang your dress in.

What's been the experience of those of you who have already had your weddings?

Has anyone recently been married at sea with royal caribbean? It's really nice to see people's pictures and stories of how it all went, would be really nice to speak with someone that has recently been through what we are planning!!

Would be great to talk to someone that has been there and done it all!

I have another quick question that I'm sure many of you destination brides have the answer to...what about travel/flying with the dress? I don't want to check it, too risky with airline baggage getting lost. I don't want to pack it in a carry on...too many wrinkles. We're flying Delta and I did read on their site that "SOME" flights have a closet in first class that the stewardess' will allow you to hang your dress in.

What's been the experience of those of you who have already had your weddings?

Don't worry about the wrinkles on the carryon. Hopefully you'll get lucky like me and have a whole overhead to yourself. As soon as you get on the ship, turn the hot water on high and let your dress hang, the steam from the shower will take care of all of the wrinkles. My dress is satin and wrinkles badly. And let me tell you, the steam did wonders!!

Hello! We used Island Bliss Weddings. We got married at 11am and went straight back to the ship afterwards. I loved Elisha Orin's photography. She does amazing photography. I already have my photos back. Her husband did my videography and that turned out amazing as well. The weather was very windy. Sugar and spice did my hair and makeup. Try to pick an updo. It will stay in place all day and night. Also do the airbrushing for makeup. It's extra $$ but worth it!! I got my makeup done at 930 and it was unchanged and looking perfect at 10pm!!! Be careful with your timing only because you have to be back on the ship at 4:30 for a 5pm departure. THEY WILL LEAVE YOU IF YOU ARE LATE TO SHIP!! I saw people running down the port... Kinda funny. Lol we only had 13 people with us. It was a great time!!

Ask me anything! It's quite fresh in my mind...

Awesome info! I will definitely check with my wedding planner about possibly moving the time up to 2:30, especially since we have a 2 hour photo session. She can start photos at 2:00 and be done by 4...but we for sure would like some beautiful shots in the historic parts of the city/town.

Thank you for the airbrush advise, I was planning on getting it but wasn't sure if it would be worth the extra $. Did you already have in mind how you wanted your hair and make up or did they have some suggestions for you? I was really thinking of having a loose or "messy" updo...if it's a windy day though I may have to rethink that. Excellent tip, thank you!

We chose Limetree beach because of the color of the water and the sand, and the side has some rocks for a lot of detail. I'd love to see more of your photos!

What did you do once you got back on the ship? Did you stay in your dress the entire night? How did you manage your dress with the flight to San Juan? Did you have to press or steam your dress the morning of?

OMG I'm sure I will have more questions for you, thank you for taking time to reply and congratulations!