Any Britannia reviews yet?

Stellamax09

Has anyone tried out Britannia yet?

I'm booked for the Fjords in July, adapted balcony cabin has been booked and I'll be taking my wheelchair and scooter as usual.

Any thoughts on ease of access or just the overall experience would be much appreciated!

Stellamax

Hello, we were on the maiden Canaries cruise two weeks ago. We had accessible balcony cabin c441 which was very midship only 4 cabins away from the midship lifts. Now there's the problem, there are no midship stairs so all go for the lifts which was further exacerbated by two of the 6 lifts not working. Usual fight for a lift but on the whole most people were accommodating. The balcony is very small but they all are so no difference for an accessible one. Must say the crew were excellent and nothing was any trouble for them. On summary I would say this cabin was second to the NCL Getaway cabin 12886 which was slightly bigger than this one. Lots of storage shelves and cupboards and the plugs are uk with one us socket (primarily for the hair-dryer). If you have any more questions, please shout up. Regards Daz.

Hi Daz,

Many thanks for your reply. I'm amazed there were lifts out of order on a brand new ship, let's hope they were just teething problems!

It's good to know the staff were helpful, having been on the QM2 where the staff were just lovely that's reassuring.

Did you find you could access everything that you wanted to onboard? Was there plenty of room around tables etc for you to manoevre comfortably? How were the bathrooms and disabled loos around the ship?

It sounds like you enjoyed it so looking forward to it!