Tenerife, Canary Islands Questions

We will be visiting Tenerife in June. We were wondering a few things. We would like to take the cable car to Mount Teide. How far is that from the port. Is there public transportation to get there? How long does it take. After that, we have tentatively booked a boat who will take us whale and dolphin watching. We need transportation there as well. It is is the south area. Any suggestions are welcome.

You won't have time to do a boat trip and go to Teide. Personally, I would go up Teide as the scenery is stunning and it would be a pity to miss the beauty of this island. The most convenient way would be to rent a car. CICAR are a reliable company and have an office where the ships dock. The drive to the top of Teide is about an hour and a half to two hours.

You won't get public transport to take you to Mount Teide, you'll need to hire a car and get a taxi. It's quite a long way and there is no way you're going to get back in time to do the boat trip. I've stayed on Tenerife a number of times and I think I've done the boat trip 3 times. It's pleasant enough but bear in mind that there's no guarantee that you will see dolphins, let alone whales. I once saw a very small whale and I've seen dolphins but the numbers have been very variable. A lot of time on the boat is just spent chasing around trying to find them.