Bars near the dockyard?

omalley16

Hi everyone,

Looking around, I'm trying to find a way to experience the nightlife that Bermuda had to offer. I'll be there in about 2 weeks, Sun-Tues. I'm underage in the U.S. (19), but legal to drink in Bermuda, and was wondering if there are any bars/clubs close to the dockyard that one might be able to walk to in the evening, I would prefer not to take a taxi. I was thinking if I meet people about my age, us awkward 18-20 year olds, it might be an activity to do rather than the activities on the ship. I very much enjoyed the nightlife that some of my previous travels have had to offer (specifically Jerusalem, Israel), and I'm just hoping Bermuda has something to offer to me ;) Need to try everywhere once.

Also, has anyone had an issue (yourself, a family member or friend) with someone not being served despite being of legal age? Someone on my last cruise encountered an issue where he was 18, and was not served in Grand Turk because they knew the U.S. age is 21. Also had an experience in Israel at a club where they would not let us in without passports, despite having other forms of ID.

Thanks!

Omalley16

There is also Bonefish and the Frog and Onion, both at Dockyard. You should not have a problem being served at all. On my cruise earlier this month NCL was serving kids 18-21 beer and wine, but no liquor as long as their parents gave permission.