Suggestion on my 3 day iterinary in Bermuda.

JC168

Just begin to plan our family 3 day itinerary to Bermuda next month. Please suggest or advice if following itinerary will work. Thanks.

Day 1 ~ Take the 9:30 a.m. ferry to St George from Royal Naval Dock Yard. Spend a few hrs touring the city including the Kings Square, Unfinished Church, The State House, Somers Garden and etc in the morning. After lunch tour Fort St Catherine and spend a few hrs at Tobacco Bay snorking before taking either the 3:30 p.m. or 5:30 p.m. ferry back to Royal Naval Dock Yard.

Day 2 ~ Take either the 7:30 a.m. or 9:30 a.m. Ferry to Hamilton. Take a quick self guided tour including Victoria Park, Front Street, Perot Post Office, Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity, Fort Hamilton and etc. In the early afternoon take the #7 bus to Horseshoe Bay and spend a few hrs relax at the beach. After the beach, head to Gibb's Hill Lighthouse.

Day 3 ~ Go to National Museum of Bermuda and do a little shopping at Clock Tower Mall. If time allowed, will go to snorkel park beach. Would prefer to stay near the ship at the last day where cruise ship leaves at 5:00 p.m.

Please advice if the schedule is feasible. If not, I will consider to skip the itinerary on day 3 and instead go to Horse shoe bay and Gibb's Hill Light House on day 3 morning. If time allowed, I will go the National Museum of Bermuda and do some shopping on day 2 afternoon instead.

Please also advice the following questions. Thanks in advance for your valuable input.

1) Are there bus that travel between Fort Catherine and St George? If not, are these 2 destination within walking distance? Also if Tobacco Bay is within walking distance to Fort Catherine?

2) I understand #7 bus will take me to both Gibb's Light House and Horse Shoe Bay. Are they within walking distance of each other just in case the buses are packed? Which stops should I take to both location. I can't seem to find this information on the bus schedule? Lastly, I just wan't to confirm that #7 bus will take me both to the Horse Shoe Bay and back to Royal Naval Dock yard in both directions.

There is a new hop on/off St George beach bus that loops the area. It is $6. I'm leaving this morning, and will be there Monday. I will report back!

I don't know where the light house is, but the #7 bus will take you to HSB and back. Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that is ambitious. I know we started out each day later than you have planned. I don't know how quickly the public buses can go from destination to destination. I can only speak of the ferry to St George and the beach shuttles.

I just came back this Sunday. Day 1 was the beach shuttle that brings you directly to Horseshoe Bay. Not to be confused with 7 pink bus. The fare was $16 round trip and it brings you directly to the beach. You don't have to walk down the steep hill from the pink bus. That's all I did. I spent the afternoon there.

Day 2 - we did not know the ferry schedule to St George and missed the 9:30 and caught the 11:30 for Tobacco Bay. We bought the hop on hop off bus loop for $6.00 since we didn't know how far away the beach was. Tobacco Bay is a 15 minute walk to the ferry. We walked back since we didn't want to miss the last ferry and also didn't want to go on the 1/2 hr loop. If you walk around St George on your own, I guess that would be okay. But if you wait for the 1/2 bus for each destination, that could eat up a lot of your time.

i just hung at the beaches during the whole time. Did not go sightseeing inland. Enjoy

Thanks to all for the information. I understand that I may have squeeze too much activities each day. There are quite a bit of unforeseen situations where my schedule will be delayed. I may have to skip Gibbs Light House or not spend any time swimming at Tobacco Bay. However just wondering will I have enough time to tour Hamilton in the morning and be able to take the #7 bus to Horseshoe Bay possibly early afternoon and spend a few hrs there. Approximately how long will it take to get back to Dockyard after leaving a horseshoe Bay by #7 bus? My plan is to stay at Dockyard at the last day to tour the museum and do a little shopping. Or if my kids enjoy Horseshoe Bay, we might take direct beach bus on the last day and be sure to head back before 1pm.

I spent all 3 days at Horseshoe since I considered it Paradise found. The 7 ride can take 20-30 mins, depending on traffic. Plus, the busses don't run as often as in the states. You may have to wait. One day, in the dockyard, the wait for the 7 was about 2 hours! I took the more expensive shuttle on day 3.ImageUploadedByForums1432813958.556480.jpg.fb4c0df02c3cd48bce50866b054339ff.jpg

Edited by mrobstad

What time does your ship dock on the 1st day? If your time of arrival is 9AM (Bermuda time)there is a great chance you will not make that 9:30AM ferry. I have read posts stating it is difficult to make it. The other option is to take the later ferry to Hamilton and then bus it to St. George. I was hoping to catch that 9:30 AM myself, but it doesn't look possible so I've had to consider going to St George the 2nd day. We only have 2 days in Bermuda:(

Edited by sauvichick

As I stated in an earlier post - I only went to the beach and I agree it was paradise. I had no interest in going inland but that is me. I wanted to snorkel and swim and plenty of fish to see standing up near rocks in Tobacco Bay. I saw no fish except small white ones in Horseshoe Bay. But the sand and view is spectacular.

here is the ferry schedule - which might help your planning

http://www.seaexpress.bm/Documents/Ferry/Summer%20Ferry%20Schedule%202015.pdf