Carnival Cake

Hello. Just wondering if you can order different flavors for each tier? The order form doesn't say you can only room for 1 choice of flavor. Do you put that in the notes section that you choose something different for other layers? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just returned from our 50th Anniversary cruise and Vow renewal ceremony on St. Thomas.

We were on the Valor and they couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.

We had nothing booked through Carnival except for ordering the cake and some party trays for our Welcome Aboard party in our cabin.

I had bought some beautiful decorative shells to put on the two tiered cake I

ordered. Found them on Etsy and took them on the ship in the very cushioned

box the arrived in.

The event planner had the chef come to the dining room so I could talk to him

about adding the shells to the cake.

When they served the cake the night we had the ceremony ,it looked amazing.

He had gone way beyond just putting the shells on. He had added more decorations to go with the shells, which you could also eat.

It really looked special.

I would love to post a photo ,but don't really know how to do that from where the picts are stored on line.

It also tasted great, was a strawberry and cream filling.

Hope you will have a wonderful experience like we did.

Tropicqueen

• 5 months later...
Hi,

Just returned from our 50th Anniversary cruise and Vow renewal ceremony on St. Thomas.

We were on the Valor and they couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.

We had nothing booked through Carnival except for ordering the cake and some party trays for our Welcome Aboard party in our cabin.

I had bought some beautiful decorative shells to put on the two tiered cake I

ordered. Found them on Etsy and took them on the ship in the very cushioned

box the arrived in.

The event planner had the chef come to the dining room so I could talk to him

about adding the shells to the cake.

When they served the cake the night we had the ceremony ,it looked amazing.

He had gone way beyond just putting the shells on. He had added more decorations to go with the shells, which you could also eat.

It really looked special.

I would love to post a photo ,but don't really know how to do that from where the picts are stored on line.

It also tasted great, was a strawberry and cream filling.

Hope you will have a wonderful experience like we did.

Tropicqueen

How did you get Carnival to agree to make you an actual wedding cake? We are getting married on St Johns during our St Thomas port so we are planning everything on our own because Carnival won't assist with any wedding planning other than the 4 locations on their brochure. The location we want on St Johns is special for us and specifically choose this cruise so we could get there. We have never been to any beaches on St Thomas, only St Johns so we want a beach we have happy memories at already. We asked if we could purchase our wedding cake and flowers, and maybe either a sit down dinner reception or just reception with hot and cold hors d'oeurves. They told us unless we had them plan our wedding they would not make us a cake, sell us the flowers, or have a small reception. We again stated we are more than willing to pay them to assist us with a wedding at Trunk Bay Beach, but they said they aren't interested. I feel like maybe I should have considered a different cruise line because I have a friend getting married on royal caribbean and RC is helping them to organize a beach wedding at a location that is not on the list of stabdard locations. I guess Carnival doesn't want our money. We just got off a carnival cruise last month and the food and service we so bad we weren't sure we would go back, but decided to give another try because our previous experiences were wonderful. Makes me sad I booked with them prior to doing a little more Carnival wedding specific research.

We did look at the little cakes thru the Fun Shops, but they don't really look like what we are hoping to get. I didn't even know we could rent the Steakhouse, do you happen to know who I contact for that? The woman with the wedding department didn't offer that as a suggestion, just kept pushing their packages. We don't drink so I really have no interest in paying big bucks for an open bar. Love the idea of the Steakhouse though. We will be a small group of about 15 to 20 so that would be wonderful. We have looked at Island Bliss, and Anne Marie Porter for weddings and haven't decided what to do for sure. I really wish we had more than 8 hours.

Somewhere on here I saw the email addresses of how to contact the steakhouses. You could search for it. Email them and tell them you are interested in renting the steakhouse for your group. You might be able to talk to them about getting a cake or something with the meal. I inquired a while ago but since my party is bigger they were going to have to split the seatings into groups and that wasn't what I wanted.