Excursion to snorkel?

mrsgthatsme

My husband loves to snorkel and it is probably the thing he is looking most forward to this cruise! Would you suggest booking an excursion or going out on our own. I will NOT be snorkeling (reading a book is more my thing! :) ) He is really interested in the coral reef he has heard mentioned. Is it easy to find snorkeling spots on our own or is an excursion a better plan? Thank you!

The ships all use Oasis Divers, which is a good outfit. If it's only the 2 of you and you don't snorkel a private party with Blue Water Divers or Grand Turk Divers could be expense. Via the ship, he can go with other snorkelers and you can relax at the cruise port beach with your book.

Alternative would be for both of you to take a taxi up to Bohio Resort/ Pillory Beach. There's decent shore snorkeling there and it's only 300 yards from the great wall. They do offer snorkel tours to the great wall and other spots for their staying guests. You'd need to contact the resort about taking on cruise ship passengers. If they do it's probably first come to resort guests, same as loungers and other amenities.