Easiest way to get to Elbow Beach?

BirmanCrazy

Hi! The Anthem will be in Bermuda for 2 days. The first day there will be 2 ships in port so I was thinking that it would be better to visit Elbow Beach that day and Horseshoe Bay on the 2nd day ( only one ship in port). I know to use the Shuttle to Horseshoe Bay but don't know the easiest was to Elbow Beach. I heard the wait for buses (#7) can be long if busy. I also heard mention of using the Ferry to Hamilton then a Taxi from Hamilton to Elbow Beach. That could give me a little shopping time by doing it that way. Would this way be too much of a pain? I like it uncomplicated. ;) What time should I allow for us getting back as not to be late. Thanks!!!!

You've identified your options.

Option #1 - You're right that the #7 bus can be crowded, but it leaves the Dockyard every 30 minutes. I think I read that the schedule will changed to departures from the Dockyard every 15 minutes. Stay tuned to this thread, some one will correct me if I'm wrong about that. Downside for the bus is travel time, almost 50 minutes and it leaves you on South Rd where you would walk a little less than a ¼ mile to the beach. Fare would be a $4.50 token per adult.

Option #2 - Take a taxi to Elbow Beach from the Dockyard. Taxi fare for 4 adults would be about $40 + tip, weekday travel, 25% more on weekends. A good thing about the taxi is it will drop you at the beach and not South Rd.

Option #3 - Take the ferry to Hamilton and taxi to Elbow Beach. Ferry departures vary. Could be up to an hour wait between ferries plus 20 minute ferry ride. Fare would be a $4.50 token per adult. Taxi fare to Elbow Beach for 4 adults would be about $14 + tip, weekday travel, 25% more on weekends.

Of course, you could try for an early start. BTW, costs are for one way travel.

SBtS