Shore Excursions Group

Ready4atrip

Has anyone ever booked shore excursions from Shore Excursions Group? Our TA send a link to book excursions through them but we have always booked our excursions through the cruse line so I'm hesitant. They have a great excursion for Grand Cayman that we are interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Has anyone ever booked shore excursions from Shore Excursions Group? Our TA send a link to book excursions through them but we have always booked our excursions through the cruse line so I'm hesitant. They have a great excursion for Grand Cayman that we are interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would use them, or I would suggest that you wait until you have feet on the ground in Grand Cayman to book an excursion.

Know these two facts:

1. Cruise lines like you to use their overpriced excursions and make it more sure by inferring that you might miss the ship if you don't book with the ship. This is kaka. The cruise line just wants your $$$$.

2. Your travel agent is offering a nice alternative, but he will, like the cruise line, get a cut of your excursion price.

Of the two above, I would take #2.

I was wondering about booking a snorkel tour once we arrived instead of figuring it out ahead of time.

Anyone had experience doing this?

Would you "wing it" again or plan in advance?

I'm keen on reef snorkelling and not sure about swimming with the Rays. I don't want to be in a huge group of people for this. Be interesting to witness from the boat I'm sure!

• 2 weeks later...

My TA suggested them as well, and I HAD planned on using them but now I'm a little concerned. They get hot and cold reviews on both Trip Advisor and Yelp. Either they get 5 stars or 1... And they received a lot of 1 star ratings.

I would like to book ahead of my trip, but think the RC prices are crazy.

We did a jetski tour to sting ray city with Shore Excursion Group and it was great! Small group and less expensive than the cruise ship. If there is something you really want to do it is better to have it planned ahead of time.