Icy Strait Point Zipline with Kids - min weight

love2driveinct

FYI for anyone planning on doing this with kids...

Per the ISP website:

Participants must be between 75 and 275 pounds and be comfortable with heights.

We were all set to book this for our whole family, but I just found out that there is a minimum weight requirement of 75 pounds. Unfortunately, our 11-year-old daughter does not weigh enough, so I will need to come up with something else that she and I can do together. I'm sure we will still have fun. :)

How close to the weight is she? They are kind of flexible if over or under a little. There isn't really anything else at this stop.

She's about 65 pounds and quite thin. She complains about not feeling secure on amusement park rides, so I don't want to take any chances.

She's about 65 pounds and quite thin. She complains about not feeling secure on amusement park rides, so I don't want to take any chances.

She might be OK. Amusement park rides restraints aren't like the harness you have to wear for zip lining. But it all about what she is comfy with.

I believe the issue with not weighing enoug is that you won't get up enough speed to reach the bottom platform when the line levels out. I would not push it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I believe the issue with not weighing enoug is that you won't get up enough speed to reach the bottom platform when the line levels out. I would not push it.

I was wondering about that... I thought this was probably a factor.

When my son was about 5 pounds under at a North Carolina zip line place they put weights in a saddlebag attached to his harness. I don't know if that is usual though!

I am looking at a zipline in Ketchikan if you are going there. Its limit is 70 lbs and it is a more traditional zipline tours with 8 or so shorter lines. The company is Southeastern Exposure Adventure Park. If she is 70 with her hiking boots on she would be good to go!

Zip lining is on my bucket list, but I have a weight issue too coming in at under 90 lbs, and some of the companies I've looked at recently have a 90 lbs limit.

I wouldn't be concerned normally, I figure I could wear enough clothes to add a few pounds, but years ago while visiting a Safari Park in Britain we had to cross a ravine on a very primitive short zip line and about two thirds along the line, I got stuck. Luckily it was close enough that with a long, long rod they could pull me in....bit scary, but embarrassing too!

Not sure if I would want to try it if I was several pounds under the recommended

weight.