Xtreme zip line and beach

LC12065

Has anyone done the Xtreme Zipline and beach tour through Carnival? This is the one right at the port of Mahogany Bay. Experiences, thoughts etc. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I haven't yet but I did book it for our upcoming arrival on June 22nd. Since booking I have done quite a bit more research. I think I might cancel and go with the Pirates of the Caribbean Extremely Extreme Zipline. The runs are longer and it starts from a higher mountain top than the Clip n Zip cruise ship excursion. Also read where you do not need to wear brake gloves at POTC. Also feel with the Clip n Zip right at the pier it might be more crowded. The only decision I have now is to book the zipline only for $65 direct with roatanpiratescanopy.com and head back to pier, add the beach trip to Parrot Tree Beach Resort for an extra $20, or go with Rony's Tours with the same POTC zipline but a beach stop at West End Beach. I would prefer West End, but worried about too much time traveling between stops and not much time at the beach. I am leaning towards do the POTC Extremely Extreme zipline and returning to the boat and spending time at the Mahogany Bay beach. Just seems like Rony's tour although sounds good could feel too rushed. You can search you tube and see videos of both or all ziplines.

We are doing the extreme caribe zip line adventure in June. Booked it directly with Ernesto. Check out website - it's very well done. Ziplinetourroatan.com. It's $65 vs. $89 through Royal Caribbean.

I cannot recommend Pirates of the Caribbean enough. We have done the Extremely Extreme Zipline twice, and I'm trying to convince our cruisemates to do it again in June.

I cannot recommend Pirates of the Caribbean enough. We have done the Extremely Extreme Zipline twice, and I'm trying to convince our cruisemates to do it again in June.

Do you know what the difference is between their 2 zipline packages there? The extreme and the extremely extreme, that is LOL. One seems like more lines and I'm not sure what they are talking about with the bridges. TIA

The Pirates of the Caribbean Extremely Extreme Zipline runs from mountain top to mountain top. For the most part you start and land on the ground. The Pirates Extreme Zipline involves more tree platforms so more ladders to climb up and down with suspension bridges to cross to get from some zip lines to others (I believe 6 total). The tour company states that the Pirates Extreme Zipline is for those more physically fit (more walking & climbing). The Extremely Extreme although easier and better suited for first timers has much higher and longer lines (328 feet at its highest compared to 145 feet & the longest line of 1980 feet compared to 580 feet). Because the runs are longer on the Extremely Extreme, there are only 8 lines to travel down compared to 14 shorter lines on the Pirate's Extreme.

We've been to Pirates, Boddens and South Shore. All have pros and cons. Pirates is extreme and goes through the jungle, tends to be cooler out of the direct sun. Not really great views We had a good time.

Boddens is smaller and goes back and forth a small valley. I think it's great for first timers who may be a bit timid. No real view.

South Shore to me is the best. Starts on a mountain top back and forth a large valley by the ocean. The views are stunning. Downside, needing to use a glove to break. here's the link.

http://www.southshorezipline.com/