Big Bus or Original Bus HOHO tour?

I'm torn between the two. We'd do the 48 hour tickets. Big Bus we'd have to walk a little bit to get to the stop for it (both day and night tour). Original bus has a stop very close to the hotel.

Big Bus route has fewer roads it takes than Original Bus. Big Bus has free river cruise and walking tours and a night tour as late as 8pm. Original tour has the free river cruise (I think?). Original tour last tour is 6pm (I think I remember reading that).

Is there really a big difference? The night tour seems appealing. When we were in San Francisco we LOVED the night tour. Is the night tour something that should be a deciding factor to go with Big Bus over Original Bus?

Thanks!

I'm torn between the two. We'd do the 48 hour tickets. Big Bus we'd have to walk a little bit to get to the stop for it (both day and night tour). Original bus has a stop very close to the hotel.

Big Bus route has fewer roads it takes than Original Bus. Big Bus has free river cruise and walking tours and a night tour as late as 8pm. Original tour has the free river cruise (I think?). Original tour last tour is 6pm (I think I remember reading that).

Is there really a big difference? The night tour seems appealing. When we were in San Francisco we LOVED the night tour. Is the night tour something that should be a deciding factor to go with Big Bus over Original Bus?

Thanks!

It sounds like you would really like to take the bus closest to your hotel - Original - and also get a river cruise, and also have a night tour - this would work if Big Bus and Original merged! BUT, I thought of perhaps another option *if* you don't mind spending an extra few £ to work it ALL in. Here's what I thought of....

Take the Original Bus HOHO near your hotel and then....

Go for the London Eye - Thames River Cruise combo ticket. There are two evening cruises departing at 6:45pm and 7:45pm (in season) and the cruise is about 40 minutes passing by Parliament, St Paul's Cathedral, Tower Bridge and other beautiful London highlights. Of course there's also the 30 minute ride on the London Eye which is truly spectacular (at 150 meters high, the views are glorious) and the double ticket would be a completely amazing way to cap a day of touring in London. The combo Eye/Cruise ticket is £28.80 or just a river cruise alone is £11.95.

https://www.londoneye.com/tickets-and-prices/river-cruise/

Just an option - there are plenty of other river cruise options, there are dinner cruise options too. Just wanted to give you ideas on how to work it all in and get the convenience of the HOHO near your hotel. The Original Bus and Big Bus are essentially the same by all accounts on this message board. I took the Big Bus because it was near my hotel and it was great but I the Original Bus was on the same route.

If this is your first visit to London or you are returning after only a very brief visit to have a longer stay this time, it is worth it to try and make your London visitor dreams come true...they seem possible ;)

Have a great holiday in London :)

I've been going back and forth between these two as well. Original offers a night tour through the summer, if that helps. It's listed in the news section of their website. Departs at 8pm with additional tours departing at 8:30pm on Fridays and Saturdays.