Blackberry from Heathrow to Kensington

My wife and I are flying from Atlanta to LHR and arriving around 8:30a.m. With two large cases and two small cases for the two of us, additionally my wife will have a handbag that is quite large also. I have looked at taking the underground; but with all the luggage, the time of day, the Gloucester station is still two blocks from the hotel, my wife has not slept and I don't move as quickly as I did when I was much younger, I am opting for a car and driver to take us from LHR to the hotel on Cromwell Road. With all that said, does anyone have a preference for hired car services? I have heard that Blackberry is reputable and dependable. However, I'm sure that there are others. Any suggestions and tips will be greatly appreciated. In advance, thank you.

Captain Ronn

We used Blackberry at Christmas and the service was great. I had to email them after a flight change and they promptly emailed back. Very easy to meet up with them after getting baggage. Our driver was really friendly. He asked if we wanted to rest or chat:) We had slept on the flight, so picked chat! He gave us pointers. History, and answered questions. I know drivers vary, but he really started our trip off right. We highly recommend them

You will always take pot luck with a driver, so you want a company with a passable website and a good response to emails. Of course, you will want to get two or three other quotes to make sure that you are not paying over the odds.

If you are not young and fit, paying for a door to door service, with a driver to help with the luggage, is a worthwhile expense.

For the connection to Southampton, if that's where you sail from, I suggest you try Smiths for airports. http://www.smithsforairports.com/index.html You mak find Blackberry more expensive for a longer journey out of London.

... the Gloucester station is still two blocks from the hotel ...
You need to be careful about this if you are going to take the Tube during your stay. Gloucester station is over 100 miles away from your hotel. You don't want to be going there.

I strongly suspect that your nearest Tube station is Gloucester Road station.

You are absolutely correct! My fingers worked faster than my brain and I left out an important part of the address. Thank you. In our previous trips, we have used the Tube on many occasions. We took the wrong route once, figured it out rather quickly and decided to just enjoy the experience of a new destination; then took the correct route back.

Edited by Ronn452