Stockholm Embarkation Timing? How early?

calldave

We are booked on RCC's Serenade of the Seas next summer with a 5:00 pm Stockholm embarkation. We fly into Stockholm at 9:10 am and are trying to figure out how early we'll be able to board. Any insights you can provide would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

NO personal experience but this gives you a little more info.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=embarkation_information

I have also have a second link but it doesn't seem to be allowed to be posted on the forums since the forum software censors it.

However of you google for "First time cruisers: What time to board your Royal Caribbean cruise" you should be able to find the link.

Edited by Desdichado62

We are booked on RCC's Serenade of the Seas next summer with a 5:00 pm Stockholm embarkation. We fly into Stockholm at 9:10 am and are trying to figure out how early we'll be able to board. Any insights you can provide would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I did a Baltics cruise on the Serenade this past summer. Are you sure the embarkation is 5pm? That sounds more like the ship's departure time to me. I've never been on a cruise (20+) with embarkation that late.

If they started embarkation at 5pm then they probably wouldn't depart until 10pm at the earliest - which doesn't sound right at all.

Assuming a 5pm departure, If I remember correctly, they allowed people to start checking in around 11 to 11:30am, but you couldn't actually board the ship until closer to noon. Assuming you're flying in from the US/ Canada directly, you'll have to go through customs and get your bags - so assume about 45 minutes there and then another 20 - 25 minutes to get to the ship (I arrived in Stockholm a couple of days early and came via Germany so this is just my guestimate for you).

Cruzgryphon,

Thanks for the quick response! Exactly what I was looking for. Yes - the 5:00 pm Stockhom "embarkation" was a typo and should have read "departure." We're connecting through Germany from the US (brief layover), but I assume we'll still have to run our bags through customs in Stockholm. Sounds like we should be good to head straight to the cruise port from the airport and will hopefully be able to board shortly thereafter. Again - very much appreciated!

Cruzgryphon,

Thanks for the quick response! Exactly what I was looking for. Yes - the 5:00 pm Stockhom "embarkation" was a typo and should have read "departure." We're connecting through Germany from the US (brief layover), but I assume we'll still have to run our bags through customs in Stockholm. Sounds like we should be good to head straight to the cruise port from the airport and will hopefully be able to board shortly thereafter. Again - very much appreciated!

You're welcome - you've got a great cruise - you'll enjoy it lots. If you're connecting through Germany then I'm 90% sure you'll clear customs in Germany and not Stockholm. When you say brief layover - which German airport are you talking about and how long is your layover?

You're welcome - you've got a great cruise - you'll enjoy it lots. If you're connecting through Germany then I'm 90% sure you'll clear customs in Germany and not Stockholm. When you say brief layover - which German airport are you talking about and how long is your layover?

You are ccorrect about customs since Germany will be the point of entry into Schengen.

We've got a two hour layover in Frankfurt before flying on to Stockholm. Good to know about the customs entry as soon as we arrive in Schengen.

Schengen is not a place or an airport, Schengen refers to the fact that you be entering the Schengen Area as it is called, a country that is part of the Schengen agreement whereby these European countries have agreed to a lessened passport control at their border entry points. So you will pass into the Schengen Zone when you arrive in Germany, clear passport control here upon arrival, and then be allowed to travel on to Stockholm without clearing passport control upon your entry into Sweden.

Most cruise lines allow boarding beginning around 11am. Sometimes it's later, if they have a delay in offloading passengers from the previous sailing, but even then you should be onboard by 1pm at the latest.

Have a great trip!