Cabo San Lucas overnight: Private family dolphin-swim?

brianlojeck

I'll be in Cabo on Princess for an overnight stay.

we'll be 6 people, one child, 4 first-time cruisers. The group is serious animal lovers.

i'd like to treat them to a private "swim with the dolphins" type experience without the "everyone get on the bus!" type cruise ship tour.

I found one company that does such things, but they tell me I can only book the cruise tour because I'm not in a hotel.

Viator doesn't seem to have this type of tour in Cabo.

Can anyone suggest a way I could book this tour without booking a hotel for that night in addition to my cruise ship room?

2 things, I don't think the cruise line dolphin excursion will be any different than booking directly through the company. All the cruise line is doing is providing transportation and booking it for you; but the dolphin swim program they offer is the one they offer. We booked one independently and they still have people grouped into groups of 10-15 for the interaction

2 if you want to book it on your own just tell them you are staying at a hotel. No need to book one, they aren't going to check. Just tell them you'll arrange your own transportation there. They have to ask per their agreement with the cruiseline, they don't actually care. Now you'll be out the money if you miss the port, but that seems unlikely with an overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I mean this with the utmost of respect. I know plenty of people do these dolphin swim things and really enjoy them, but are you going to ask the other people before you book. As a serious animal lover myself, I would never participate in this activity. Dolphin captivity is already banned in Maui and there are groups working on trying to get it banned on the other Hawaiian islands. After reading about it more, we decided not to do one when we were in Hawaii. I would be upset if someone bought this for me and I had to hurt their feelings by refusing to participate.

Edited by tsg