Considering excurion to Rose Island need help

Mliddon

Hi all, we are cruising to the Bahamas in April and I am considering booking the day trip to Rose Island during the Nassau stop. Has anyone taken the trip lately? How did it weather the Hurricane? Also if you have any suggestions on tour companies I would love the help!!!

we are looking for a good beach, not crowded with snorkeling and access to a bar!!! If you know of a better option that Rose Island, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks everyone

Michelle

I haven't been there since the hurricane, but I have been there, and can honestly tell you it is my absolute favorite thing to do in Nassau. I was with my 4 year old son, and while I think he may have been the only child, we had the most amazing time! The beach is perfect, the bartenders are extremely friendly, the drinks so good and reasonably priced, excellent food, and the overall comfort of this place is like no other, with the hammocks hidden under the trees, to the beautiful bar cabana area with the nice outdoor seating...it was a little piece of heaven. In the afternoon, it was so peaceful and relaxing, that my son fell asleep and was able to get his afternoon nap in.

I highly recommend it. I'm planning on going during my next cruise in February!

Thank you for the info, our excursion is booked!!!

I contacted Sandy Toes regarding an excursion to that beach in February. They responded saying Sunday is the only day they do trips from the cruise port in Nassau. I'm assuming you'll be docked on a Sunday then? If not, I would love to know how you booked your excursion. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I contacted Sandy Toes regarding an excursion to that beach in February. They responded saying Sunday is the only day they do trips from the cruise port in Nassau. I'm assuming you'll be docked on a Sunday then? If not, I would love to know how you booked your excursion. Thanks!

That is strange, I was able to book a trip on a Saturday in April. I did it through their website. They do not leave from the cruise port, we will be taking a taxi to the location they meet. I also noticed that the Sunday trips are a party pass, apparently they have a large party there on Sundays. Maybe there was a misunderstanding and they thought you wanted the party pass instead of the normal excursion?