How to get from Ajaccio Corsica to Reserve Naturelle de Scandola or other suggestion

islandwoman

We will be tendering in Ajaccio from 7 AM until 7 PM on May 25. We would like to see the Reserve Naturelle de Scandola.

I can only find one boat tour from Ajaccio (Nave Va) and that one gets back too late to make the last tender. We'd thought to take the Princess or Viator Calanches & Cargese tour, although I understand that you can't really see the Reserve from the land. But Princess is not offering it and it's disappeared from Viator's website. I've checked trains and buses, and ferries, but haven't been able to find any that seem to fit our schedule. I can't read French, so I'm probably missing a lot of information. Googlemaps says that driving would take over 3 hours each way. That seems too long.

Can anyone tell me how to get to the Reserve Naturelle Scandola and back to Ajaccio?

Or failing that, can anyone suggest an alternative picturesque place where a visit would be feasible?

Edited by islandwoman

I've been to Corsica twice, once on a shore excursion and the other on a family vacation. The Scandola natural reserve is lovely but is would be a 3 hour drive from the harbour in Ajaccio. Driving can be quite hazardous as the coastal roads are narrow and wind along rocky cliffs. I would recommend getting a driver for a half day which would allow you to dioscover Ajaccio where Napoleon was born and then your driver will take you inland to a lake district. On the way you will be able to admire the diversity of the landscapes (without having to drive!). I contacted Nancy who also organized our shore excursion the following day in Marseille. She has a huge network of contacts.