La Sagrada Familia: ID required?

tyrannosaur

Does anyone know if they ask ID for entrance to La Sagrada Familia? I see that they have tickets for different ages (younger than 11, younger than 30, or retired)? I was planning not to carry passport ...

thanks in advance!

Chuck

Does anyone know if they ask ID for entrance to La Sagrada Familia? I see that they have tickets for different ages (younger than 11, younger than 30, or retired)? I was planning not to carry passport ...

thanks in advance!

Chuck

I can't speak specifically for La Sagrada Familia but many attractions do ask for proof of age if buying discounted tickets - if you don't want to carry your passport a drivers licence or bus pass (with photo) is usually accepted and some places will even accept a photocopy of your passport.

By the way, are you aware that legally you are required to carry some form of photo ID when in Spain (and also in some other European countries such as Italy and France)?

Edited by campolady

That's the law indeed... and I shall add "some form of VALID photo ID".... which I'm afraid in case of US citizens it's "the passport" -your state driving licenses are irrelevant here. National ID cards, for visitors from countries where this document exist, are also valid documents; and for EU citizens the driving license is also a legally valid document.

Those attractions where you need to present proof of your ID/age because you're applying for a discount will normally accept anything with a picture and a DoB -even your library card!-, but should you get involved in an incident where the Police is involved (a brawl, a terrorist alert, a dispute, an accident...) the only valid documents are those stated above and should you fail to produce one you might be taken to the Police station until your ID is properly checked -and a fine might be involved.

Edited by EnricM

thanks in advance!

Chuck

We were not asked for any ID during our visit to La Sagrada Familia last year.

... good for you insanemagnet, good for you.... most of us don't have this crystal ball of yours. I hope you don't get caught in the middle of any incident, for your sake... especially this day and age, with all that's happening from time to time all over Europe :)