QM2 - 12/20/07 - One More Time with Pleasure

smallads

Hi everyone, anyone sailing on QM2 for caribbean holiday cruise on 12/20/07! Never too early to say Hi. We were on the same cruise in 2004 when ship was a year old with our 2 girls. I loved the ship, my wife thought it was a little boring, shows were pretty bad but really, overall, with all the ports, the beauty, service and great food it was a trip worth a score of 10. We are hoping though, that the entertainment has gotten better, they had some real "hard to get through" acts when we were aboard. Dominica was the highlight (Dom-a-nee-ka). Like the Garden of Eden, if you explore it with a guide. Just amazing place for a day. So we have booked again. Last time left and returned from Fla. This time R/T from NYC/Bklyn (great port and convenient, just back from a Princess Crown sailing). Kids will have to miss a total of 2-3 days of school, but it is worth it. I wish my parents took me on a cruise like this!

Anyway... we would love to know if any other families are travelling on this cruise. My girls will be 13 and 15 when we sail. Let us hear from you. Just so you know, if interested, Cunard/QM2, as far as I'm concerned, is not truly fond of children, so they are not "geared" up like RCL etc. none the less, I'm sure there will plenty to do when they meet other kids. But Cunard is a little snooty, or were when we sailed. Have they gotten any "friendlier"? I hope so. I remember the head of the computer center literally told me he hates when kids sail... I can understand that when they don't behave, are noisy, push all the elveator buttons etc, but our girls are really polite and great. Truly better then MANY of the adults I have met on our many cruises. My only real concern is sailing in December out of NYC in the COLD, I figure since it leaves 7PM on Thursday we should be warming up by Saturday. So it won't be too bad. The convenience of sailing out of a home port instead of flying to FLA. way outweighs the cold. I'm sure the sap will be heated. Has anyone sailed out of NYC in winter? Let me know how it was.

If you have any questions, let me know. Be well. Arthur K, LI, NY

The convenience of sailing out of a home port instead of flying to FLA. way outweighs the cold. I'm sure the sap will be heated. Has anyone sailed out of NYC in winter? Let me know how it was.

Arthur,

Took the 3 January Panama cruise this year. You may rememer 2 Jan was a blizzard/ice storm,freezing cold/windy. The third was pretty much the same. Our first port was St Thomas on Day 3. By Day 1 1/2 many people were in Shorts. Same thing on the way back. last day, to day and a half, got cold. Give yourself plenty of time if weather is expected. We made a last imnute decision to come down (from CT) to White Plains and get a hotel the night before. Then cruise on in the next morning. We did this becaue the snow had started earlier than expeted and I was afraid something might happen.

It was marvelous sailing into the warmth, and great to get reaclimated on the way home instead of plunging into the cold all at once.

Have a marvelous time!

Karie

...glad we got to meet you on the Labor Day cruise last week. We were also on the January cruise but somehow missed meeting up. I think we were probably the only two passengers who actually walked to the ship through that sleet/snow storm!!! We got the 8th Ave. subway uptown and then trudged the four VERY LONG blocks over to the ship dragging our luggage behind!

...glad we got to meet you on the Labor Day cruise last week. We were also on the January cruise but somehow missed meeting up. I think we were probably the only two passengers who actually walked to the ship through that sleet/snow storm!!! We got the 8th Ave. subway uptown and then trudged the four VERY LONG blocks over to the ship dragging our luggage behind!
It was a pretty long walk from the top of the parking deck two piers over, too! Amazing! When we returned, my tires were actually frozen to the parking deck! (That's tyres for you Brits, and Tahrs for us southerners <G>) I cannot imagine trying to drag suitcases through it. I cannot even imagine walking the four blocks. NooYawkers are a hardy bunch! I'd hate to work in Manhattan in winter with the wind whipping between tall buildings!

Was nice and hot out today!

Karie

Hi everyone, anyone sailing on QM2 for caribbean holiday cruise on 12/20/07! Never too early to say Hi. We were on the same cruise in 2004 when ship was a year old with our 2 girls. I loved the ship, my wife thought it was a little boring, shows were pretty bad but really, overall, with all the ports, the beauty, service and great food it was a trip worth a score of 10. We are hoping though, that the entertainment has gotten better, they had some real "hard to get through" acts when we were aboard. Dominica was the highlight (Dom-a-nee-ka). Like the Garden of Eden, if you explore it with a guide. Just amazing place for a day. So we have booked again. Last time left and returned from Fla. This time R/T from NYC/Bklyn (great port and convenient, just back from a Princess Crown sailing). Kids will have to miss a total of 2-3 days of school, but it is worth it. I wish my parents took me on a cruise like this!

Anyway... we would love to know if any other families are travelling on this cruise. My girls will be 13 and 15 when we sail. Let us hear from you. Just so you know, if interested, Cunard/QM2, as far as I'm concerned, is not truly fond of children, so they are not "geared" up like RCL etc. none the less, I'm sure there will plenty to do when they meet other kids. But Cunard is a little snooty, or were when we sailed. Have they gotten any "friendlier"? I hope so. I remember the head of the computer center literally told me he hates when kids sail... I can understand that when they don't behave, are noisy, push all the elveator buttons etc, but our girls are really polite and great. Truly better then MANY of the adults I have met on our many cruises. My only real concern is sailing in December out of NYC in the COLD, I figure since it leaves 7PM on Thursday we should be warming up by Saturday. So it won't be too bad. The convenience of sailing out of a home port instead of flying to FLA. way outweighs the cold. I'm sure the sap will be heated. Has anyone sailed out of NYC in winter? Let me know how it was.

Hi

Our experience on the same one last year was that it was incredibly cold in New York, much too cold to spend more than a few minutes watching the sailaway, but it was fab feeling the weather getting warmer, within two days we were sunbathing.

The enteratinment was dreadful still last Christmas so don't hold out too much hope for any improvements there (to be fair, i thought the performers were good but were being asked to do rediculous things by the artistic director, I felt really sorry for them, and the details were sloppy-they just need a better person in charge).

We found it fabulous for the kids, there were six in our group and nearly four hundred in total on the ship, they had an amazing time, and we are booked on again this Christams leaving from Fort Lauderdale.

Archived