What is the funniest/strangest/embarassing thing another cruiser has ever said to you

lilcruzr

What is the funniest/strangest/most embarassing/most complimentary thing another cruiser has ever said to you?

I'll start: My DH, DS and I were in Bermuda in 2009. There are many Moongates around the area. The one closest to the pier stated that if a couple kisses under the moongate and makes a wish, their wish will come true. We saw this for a few days and decided that we would take a picture with it. However, my DH thought it would be nice if my DS (11) took a picture of us kissing to show everyone when "our wish came true". Well, we thoought it would be a really quick kiss and picture. My DS itends to be a prefectionist and took his time to get the picture just right. I am very tiny (4'6' and 73lbs, but very proportionate). Now for the funny and complimentary part: Since my son was taking a long time and we were kissing and kissing... An elderly lady that was standing behind my son shouted out, "Are you old enough to being doing THAT?!"

My son told her how old I was and she thought she heard him wrong and told me I didn't look THAT old. I told her she was my new best freind!

My husband loves to tel this story, but he is now very careful when he kisses me in public. He doesn't want to be arrested!

What is your story????

We have been married for 53 years and go out of our way to shock our kids. lol. The cruise is yours and yours alone. Dont worry about upsetting anyone (unless it's illegal). If they can't handle it?? Oh well. If strangers are upset, they will just avoid you. No problem huh? ;)

I agree! My husband likes to dance and twirl me around when he hears music, just to see my DS get embarrassed and to have fun. Thanks for posting.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, I bear a resemblance to disgraced Illinois ex-governor Rod Blagojevich - and during the time just before he was tried, I took a vacation on the Carnival Holiday. It was all my table-mates could talk about. I finally struck the Richard Nixon pose, and said "I am not a criminal!"

:D I just posted this on the family board but thought I'd post it here as well.

Funny story: my daughter was around 9 YO and she ordered a strawberry margarita. The guy behind me taps me on my shoulder, points to my daughter and says.... "excuse me but is that a virgin?" Once the words left his mouth he realized exactly what he said LOL :o. Of course I gave my small child alcohol! I assured him that both the drink and my daughter were virgins. I bet he still cringes when he thinks about his poor wording choice even today.

• 1 year later...

I was on the Carnival Fantasy when she was brand new, way back in 1991. The ship was full and there was always a wait at the elevators. My wife and I were waiting in the atrium area for one of the glass elevators so that we could get up to the pool. When it arrived I held the door and let everyone off and then my wife, along with five other ladies, all in their early twenties, got on. That left very little room for me to squeeze in, me being 6'4'/200lbs. I was 29 at the time and in pretty good shape. All of us were in our bathing suits. Anyway, I got on the elevator facing everyone and decided that I should turn around and face the door because these girls were gorgeous, as is my wife, but let's just say that their swimwear was a little more adventurous than hers. Unfortunately, as I turned to face the door, I hit one of the ladies square in the boob with my elbow. I thought I"d have a stroke on the spot and apologized. She didn't skip a beat, and said "if your d... gets as hard as your elbow I'm in cabin 4018". My mouth must have been hanging open because all of the girls, except my wife that is, thought it was just hilarious. After that, every time my wife saw them she'd give them her best :Ddeath stare.

• 1 month later...
I hit one of the ladies square in the boob with my elbow. I thought I"d have a stroke on the spot and apologized. She didn't skip a beat, and said "if your d... gets as hard as your elbow I'm in cabin 4018". My mouth must have been hanging open because all of the girls, except my wife that is, thought it was just hilarious.

That joke is as old as time. The original version is usually set on a city bus, and the punchline is preceded with: "If your heart is a soft as your breast, please accept my apologies." The lady you encountered must have found a perfect opportunity to use the joke. :D