Wind Surf?

RMS Olympic

I am sailing on the Surf this December....very excited to do so. Has anyone else sailed her and what were your thoughts? I love the idea of a smaller ship and the water platform. Very curious as to the level of service as well as the food.

As I continually fall out of love with the ever growing big ships, I am hoping Wind Star is a breath of fresh air......just like Star Clipper was.

Thanks

Tom

I am sailing on the Surf this December....very excited to do so. Has anyone else sailed her and what were your thoughts? I love the idea of a smaller ship and the water platform. Very curious as to the level of service as well as the food.

As I continually fall out of love with the ever growing big ships, I am hoping Wind Star is a breath of fresh air......just like Star Clipper was.

Thanks

Tom

My husband and I are sailing on Wind Surf in eight days! We're big fans of Windstar in general. The people are so interesting, and the vibe is utterly relaxing. We knew the moment we set foot onto a Celebrity ship that big ships weren't for us -- we've stuck with Windstar since then.

The service felt roughly equivalent to Celebrity, as did the food to be honest.

Bon Voyage! Please post comments on how the Surf was, I would enjoy reading about the ship, crew, and any recommended excursions. Very excited!

One last thing....please write about how best to spend time awaiting your flight out....mine doesn't depart till after 3PM.

Thanks

One last thing....please write about how best to spend time awaiting your flight out....mine doesn't depart till after 3PM.

Thanks

You mean your flight home after the cruise ends? Ours is a European itinerary so we're actually spending three full nights post-cruise in Copenhagen to give us time to enjoy the city. But I'd be much less likely to time it that way for a Caribbean or South Pacific cruise.

Where are you thinking of going?

Stupid me......forgot you are sailing Europe....duh.

I am sailing the Surf in December out of St Maarten for a week cruise. My Europe cruise isn't til August next year out of Amsterdam on the new HAL Koningsdam. Wonder if the Surf will ruin the Koningsdam experience.:confused:

Stupid me......forgot you are sailing Europe....duh.

I am sailing the Surf in December out of St Maarten for a week cruise. My Europe cruise isn't til August next year out of Amsterdam on the new HAL Koningsdam. Wonder if the Surf will ruin the Koningsdam experience.:confused:

They'll certainly be different. For me, the kicker was that we've never once stood in line on Windstar, even at embarkation. I detest queues. I don't mind waiting per se, but at least give me champagne and a seat while I do it. :D

• 2 weeks later...

My plan is to take a 2017 Canary Island cruise, hopefully on Wind Star. While on the phone with Wins star I asked whether the itinerary is best in the spring or the fall...and was told the fall. I also asked which would be better, the Surf or one of the newly purchased motor vessels (former Seabourn boats)...was told the Surf. So if this December Surf cruise is a winner, I will book a Canary Island cruise as soon as the books open up. I also have to figure out how to do their canal cruise. I have sailed a full canal cruise on the original Regal Princess, then a partial transit on the Coral Princess...but transiting the canal on a small ship would be a different experience all together. If I get hooked on Wind Star....we shall see. I have to admit I also want to return to Star Clippers.....love them.

So many ships, not enough money.....gotta feed the dog ya know:D:D:D