Parking in New Orleans

mskillern

We're staying the night before and after our cruise in New Orleans. We already have reservations but the parking is really expensive at the hotels.

I saw on this board something about the Fulton St. garage. It would be a lot cheaper to stay there from the time we get there until the day we leave.

Who has parked your car there and would you do it again?

Is there a better place to park?

Thanks so much!!

We stayed for two nights in the French Quarter prior to our cruise last year. I booked Fulton Garage for cruise parking online, and included the 2 nights prior to the cruise. When we arrived, there was no one at the garage (Friday evening). I simply pulled up into into the garage, took a ticket to raise the gate and pulled up to the roof and parked (we had booked rooftop parking, least expensive). We left our big luggage locked in our trunk and took our carry-ons with us and took Uber to our hotel. On cruise morning, we took taxi to the garage, presented our printed out reservation to the attendant, went up and gathered our luggage from the trunk, back down to the street and caught their shuttle to the port. Absolutely no problems and would use Fulton again.

Edited by mamajules