Carnival Liberty 8450 - Aft Extended Balcony

geo_ang

We got back on Saturday from the 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Liberty. We were in cabin 8450 on the verandah deck. The cabin had an extended balcony, deeper than regular balconies and wider than the other extended balconies.

We loved it! We travelled on the Liberty in Dec 2007 and were in 1027, the Panorama deck, which we loved so we concerned about going to the Verandah Deck.

We only heard chairs scrapping from the Lido deck above a couple of times. I'm not sure I would have even noticed it had I not read about it here.

The view from the back of the boat was just wonderful! We would start our day and finish it from the balcony. We also did the port arrivals/departures from there. Got great pictures. We spent more time on this balcony than we did when we were in 1027. The extra room really does make a difference.

It did get hot during the day but I always managed to find some shade in the corner by the wrap-around balcony cabin which was next to us.

We had some rocky water during our trip, so much so that one of the shows had to moved from one night to the other, so I'm not sure if the movement we felt was because our room was an aft room or because of the rocky waters.

Now we did do a lot of walking, but that was good for us. We did open seating for dinner so our dining room was the Golden Olympian near the front of the ship. The Venetian Palace, where the shows are held, in at the front of the ship.

In both cases we had to go down to 5 and then walk to the front of the ship and then take another elevator down to 3. The good news is the Lido deck and Emile's buffet was right above us.

Debarkation was a bit tricky. We did self-assist so we had to take the elevators down to 5 and then go to the front of the ship to get the elevator down to the lobby on 3 in order to get off the boat. This got a bit hectic as the crowds began to grow.

Back to the balcony view. You could see your neighbors all the way across the back when you were at the railing but it wasn't bad. You could also see them two decks below you. You could also look up and see people sitting at the window tables on the Lido deck. Again, it wasn't bad. I don't think it took anything away from our trip.

One thing bothered us: Our balcony glass needed to be cleaned (so you had to stand to get a decent view), which the crew did at the first port stop.

All that said, we haven't decided if we'll do the aft extended balcony again. Like this time, it will depend on price. It was the same price as (or $10/person more than) the Panorama balcony this time, so we tried something new. We also want the corner extended balcony like we had this time. I don't think we'd go for one that wasn't a corner.

We had a great cruise!

We had 8448 on the Freedom two weeks ago, and got a good' look' at the balcony on 8450!:) Quite a nice size balcony, for the price..:p

Naturally, we are spoiled from having the 9A.. Our friends had 8442, which is the connecting balcony to ours, which resulted in a 65 ft. balcony! Seemed like the whole ship was ours, until we went to dinner..:rolleyes:;)

Nice having easy access to the Lido deck too... We took the stairs on most occasions..:D

• 1 month later...
do you have any pictures of 8442, this is the cabin we will be in for our cruise in july, thanks
8442 is a HUGE cabin... Probably as big as a suite, tho' is a lot of just 'walking' area'...:)

Our sailing mates loved it, as the balcony connected to 8448, which was our 9A aft/wrap... 8442 was much larger.. Tho' the view was strictly to the port side..;) 8442 also has a couch, and 8448 had only a chair and a small table... :cool:

The bed in 8442 was really close to the balcony door which was nice... :D

• 3 months later...

Geo_Ang,

Any pictures of 8450 you can share? I just booked 8450 on the Valor for January and have found plenty of other unique room pictures, but not this one. Thanks so much for the info!!

• 3 years later...

We sailed on the Carnival Glory on a 4-day trip to Canada. Luckily, we were able to switch cabins away from 8450 (to 9287). The reason was...noise. If you are sensitive to sound, I do NOT recommend this cabin.

From 6:30 a.m. until 12:30 a.m. we heard chairs scraping. That in itself was only one problem. Annoying, but potentially livable.

But the jacuzzi pipes also run beside and under this room, which means that you will hear clanging at 8:30 in the morning, 12:30 in the afternoon, and 12:30 the next morning. Then there are a few other random times...

We got no sleep in this room due to the excessive noise, and no nap either.

The wonderful Guest Services folks were able to accommodate us in another room, and we moved the next afternoon.

9287, the room we moved to, is right under the spa area. So we heard a few footsteps overhead in the daytime, but nothing at night. Slept like a dream & enjoyed the few more feet available in the room also.

Archived