Hebert Sismondi tour guide Montevideo

Work to travel

Hello,

I have read the available posts regarding Hebert Sismondi but none had done the tour that could include lunch at his house? See below:

The cost of a tour for 6 people is U$S 300 and 20 each aditional passenger, so that, if you were only 6 people, you would have to pay U$S 50 each one, and 8 will pay U$S 42.50 each, 10 =

U$S 38, 12 = 35. I can accomodate up to 17 people in the same vehicle, but I have another smaller one.

Montevideo's regular tour includes a complete visit to the historic Old City with Constitution Square and its special antiques free market, the Cathedral (main Catholic Church) from 1790, Solis Theatre and Independence Square, one of the corners of the old wall Montevideo had in the 18th century, the Downtown, the Congress building all made in marble (considered one of the three more luxurious in the world, Prado neighborhood with its residential area and Prado Park with the Stagecoach and Charruas Indians bronze monuments, Batlle's Park with the 1st Soccer World Cup Stadium, where we won in 1930 the world champion, La Carreta bronze monument, all the Rambla (seaside avenue)

with Pocitos Beach (considered the small Copacabana of the south) and it's residential area, Punta Carretas area, Ramirez Beach, and others.

A home made barbecue at my own house, could be done and offered to show you our most important traditions, like we did for others before.

The "Home made barbecued lunch", at my own house, includes thypical uruguayan food: sausages(chorizos), ribs(asado), beef, chicken, barbecued sweet red peppers, potatoes and onions, vegetable salads, "tannat and cabernet suavignon" uruguayan wines, mineral water, coke, and vainilla- chocolate ice cream covered with uruguayan carmel (dulce de leche). All this costs U$S 35.

I send you some pictures about, the man with red apron is me and the ladies with orange ones are my wife and daugthers.

A visit to Bodega Bouza Winery could be another option to be added to the regular tour. The Winery Tour includes a wine tasting and the guided wine tour will be through the vineyards, winery and cellar, including a visit to the Classic Car Museum (the Bouza family private collection).

The wine tasting includes 4 types of classic wines together with regional cheese, selected cold cuts, and just baked bread. They charge visitors nowadays, U$S 34 each people.

His other reviews are very good and the price is reasonable. Seems a little quirky to eat at his home but also could be a fun adventure. The pictures look like his family must do this regularly. Everyone seems to be having a good time If anyone has experience with this tour, please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks for taking the time to answer

Work to Travel

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow cruisers!

Is anyone interested in joining this tour of Montevideo and then a wine tour at Bodega Bouza Winery? The tour guide would be Hebert Sismondi, hsis@adinet.com.uy. He has had several good reivews posted on cruise critic in the past. I have done extensive research and his tour seems to be the best price for the same tours many other companies are offering.

We have signed up and hope others might want to join this adventure! Contact him directly and asked to be added to the tour on Monday, February 2 with Golden Princess passengers.

Hebert Sismondi, hsis@adinet.com.uy

The more people that join, the lower the cost of the excursion.

Thanks,

Work to Travel