Have you done Dunns River from Falmouth?

wishtdream

If you have gone to Dunns River Falls from Falmouth -I have a few questions.

Did you take the ships tour?

Did you use a private operator?

If so Who?

What was the cost?

How long was the bus ride?

Did you stop any place other than Dunns River Falls? Where else?

What time did you leave the ship?

What time did you return?

Thank you in advance for your answers. Our family has been there before just not from Falmouth. Your input will help us decide weather to return to Dunns River or just stay on the ship and enjoy all it has to offer.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=cruiseDetails&packageCode=FR07W070&date=&selectedCurrencyCode=&ProductCode=FY64&DestinationCode=

Did this ship tour when we were there the first week of may. Green Grotto caves were really cool as were Dunns River Falls. Not too bad price wise i think it was $65 per adult and $45 per child. You go to the caves first which is about 30mins from Falmouth. You are at the caves for about 90mins or so i think. Then on to Dunns River Falls which is another 30mins further away and takes about 90mins as well.

Then logically it is about an hour back to the port.

If you have gone to Dunns River Falls from Falmouth -I have a few questions.

Did you take the ships tour?

Did you use a private operator?

If so Who?

What was the cost?

How long was the bus ride?

Did you stop any place other than Dunns River Falls? Where else?

What time did you leave the ship?

What time did you return?

Thank you in advance for your answers. Our family has been there before just not from Falmouth. Your input will help us decide weather to return to Dunns River or just stay on the ship and enjoy all it has to offer.

We Just did the falls. Because Falmouth is an hour away we booked through RCL. we didnt want to risk being late. We booked the green grotto caves followed by the falls and it was $40 cheaper than just going to the falls because we had our kids with us. The kids were $49 apiece and my wife and I were $69 apiece. Booking the falls without the stop was $69 apiece with no discount for the kids plus we got free rum punches. No one at RCL could explain why it was priced this way. the ride was 30 min to the caves an hour at the caves and 30 min to the falls. Ride back was an hour. We got back in time to walk around for about 45min before returning to the ship. We would have been back sooner but we were the last bus out and were held up for about 40 min before leaving port.

Thank you both for your replies.

Iceman did your kids like the caves? If you don't mind could you tell me how old they are.

Mine are going to be 9 and 4 this trip. Both climbed the falls last year and are looking forward to doing it again. We are trying to decide if it is worth the ride. The stop might make it worth it.

• 1 month later...

We are thinking of doing this same tour in November. Did you enjoy the caves and the falls? I have wanted to climb the falls for years, but for some reason, our itinerary doesn't include a trip to the falls by themselves - only the tour that also includes the caves.

Archived