LAX to LB - Taxi or Shuttle

mickide

Has anyone here recently taken a taxi from LAX to LB port? If so, do you remember the cost? I have used PrimeTime Shuttle in the past and they are okay, but our flight doesn't come in to LAX until 11:15 and I'm thinking a taxi would be quicker. I'm sure I'm okay either way, just trying to decide if I should book/reserve the shuttle or just pay a little more for the taxi. For two of us, it's only $30 each way for the shuttle.

What do you think?

Taxifarefinder.com will give you an approximation.

About $75 LAX to Long Beach

$68 flat + tip Long Beach to LAX.

Thank you Sadie! Holy cow, taxi from LGB to LB was only $30! Shuttle service it is :). I'm sure we have plenty of time :).

Hi. We just cruised Imagination last week. This was our experience....

Flew in to LAX and used the Carnival transfers to get to the port. Talk about EASY! It was $30 pp and the rep meets you at baggage claim, helps with your bags and gets you to the bus.

After the cruise we opted for Super Shuttle back to LAX. HUGE MISTAKE! I think we saved a total of $7pp and gained a massive headache. No one knew where the shuttle would pick us up b/c the "booth" wasn't open that day. Had pre-reserved a spot on a van so I called the #, got hung up on 3 times before I pleaded with the dispatcher in Sacramento to stay on the line when she connected us with LA dispatch. Finally spoke to someone and van arrived within 15 min. Then we drove around for an hour picking up other passengers until the van was jam packed. The van had no AC and was just a miserable experience. Next time would just spend the few extra $ and do the Carnival transfer. Lesson learned.