Scooters on Carnival

suebee53

Deciding on a relatively last-minute cruise on the Ecstasy, there were no handicap cabins or even handicap-modified cabins available. I use a scooter, and had recently purchased a Pride Go-Go for traveling. The good news is that this is narrow enough to fit through regular doorways with no problem! (I use a Pride Revo for my knocking-around-town trips, which would never have worked because it's wider.)

I had filled out the forms to alert Carnival that I'd be using a scooter, and our cabin steward arranged the furniture to accommodate my need for a parking space. It worked GREAT!

By the way, I encountered a lady in an elevator who looked ruefully at my scooter and said, "I should have brought mine. I have one because of a knee replacement." I replied, "Oh, I cannot imagine having one of these lifesavers and not bringing it! My scooter is my best friend on a cruise ship!"

Here are pictures of the scooter in the doorway, and in its in-cabin "parking space."

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee459/suebee53/scooter-doorway.jpg

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee459/suebee53/scooter-in-room.jpg

My Mother did the same with her scooter on the Freedom and the Sensation. Did not want to take up a h/c cabin, and with only 2 or 3 in the room there is plenty of space. It has to be one of the really small scooters though. There was a woman with a massive scooter on the Freedom in Oct. don't know how she even got it in the h/c cabin!

Archived