Taxi to Cockleshell beach??

Dirkgun

Hi we are cruising to St Kitts in jan of 2015. We have been to Caribelle Batik, Brimstone Fortress, and to Shipwreck beach (3 times) this time around we are looking at trying something new. Wondering if anyone has opinions of Cockleshell beach and what there is to do there. Also how much is a taxi there and back?

The fare would be $ 28 US dollars each way with up to 4 passengers sharing the ride. The fares are regulated by the govt. Tour fares are a different subject. A taxi fare would be point to point such as your trip from Port Zante to Cockleshell Beach.

according to the Discover St Kitts web site, it would be an additional $14 US dollars each way or a total of $42 US dollars each way. I am using the US dollar because they have the East Caribbean Dollar in St Kitts and most first time visitors use US dollars.

Cab fare is $7 per person each way. We have gone the past two years and have had a blast. Each time, we were required to wait until they had enough people to fill up one the the taxi vans (10-12 people). Your driver will ask what time you need to be picked up and will drive back out to get you. We found this to be very convenient. We go to Reggae Beach Bar, but there are a couple of others to choose. I am not sure if the others serve food.

This info is for the Raggae area:

The first year we left the port at about 8:00 and were the first people to arrive at Reggae. It took awhile, but by afternoon there were a lot of people there. Chairs and umbrellas are $5 each to rent for the day or you can just take a towel and lay on the sand. This year we decided to wait till about 9:00 before we left the port area. There was another ship in port before we arrived and I think many of them went to Cockleshell as many of the chairs were already taken by the time we arrived. The food there was great and they have a full bar menu, soft drinks and a gift shop.

There is also an area for beach volleyball. They have water sport rentals…Kayaks, stand up boards, and a small cat that our friends rented. I think the cost for the cat was around $35 for 45 minutes. The water is very calm and you have an awesome view of Nevis in the distance. I noticed some people snorkeling around the small pier/dock that is there. I did not notice if they have rentals for snorkeling gear. I will also post some pictures.

IMG_2990_zpsd809be6f.jpg

The drive to Cockelshell Beach is nice. There are a few places where you will want to stop and take a picture. There is snorkeling around the beach, but I didn't think it was good. We loved the food and thought it was reasonably priced. Two in our party got massages and liked them.

• 4 weeks later...
The drive to Cockelshell Beach is nice. There are a few places where you will want to stop and take a picture. There is snorkeling around the beach, but I didn't think it was good. We loved the food and thought it was reasonably priced. Two in our party got massages and liked them.

sounds great! Do you remember the cost of massages?