Considering "R Family", Turkey, Greece & Italy Cruise Celebrity Equinox • July 17-25

mcj79

We are a lesbian couple no kids and are considering taking the "R Family Vacations" Turkey, Greece & Italy Cruise, Celebrity Equinox • July 18-25, 2015.

I know they don't buy out the entire ship. I was told they had about 100 people booking through "R Family" for this cruise. My understanding is they have a few special "R family" events throughout the cruise as well as group dinners at the later dining time in the main dining room. As well as a special "R family" group beach day / area I think on one of the days in Mykonos port.

We don't have any cruise experience really. (I went on one Royal Caribbean over 10 years ago, it island hoped so beaches were the main attraction.) But my wife has never been on one. Neither of us have been on a long/larger group tourist/ travel group. We often go to a place do a couple local tours and venture on our own a lot.

We would especially enjoy a trip with other LGBT folks. Something fun, a little adventure, not a party boat but some fun too. I worry a big cruise will more groups of people following the tour guy with the sign. But honestly many LGBT only groups like Oliva just cost too much or are more party boats with 99% boys.

If you have done a R family vacation cruise or resort please share your experience.

• 2 weeks later...

We've been on two rFamily cruises and loved both of them. We went on an Alaska cruise where they chartered the entire ship, and then a Greek Islands cruise where there were about 100 people in the group, but part of a larger mainstream cruise. I think I preferred being in the group of 100 better than when we had the whole ship. It was like having 100 new best friends. There was just enough "special" entertainment and gatherings to keep us busy, but we could also participate in all the other ship activities and excursions.

It was a good mix of men and women, some with kids and some without, all ages, but probably most in our 40's. Gregg and Kelli, the owners of rFamily, are great hosts and through their connections they get some very top-notch entertainment. I think other people on the ship who weren't part of our group were jealous!

I recommend rFamily very much!