Number of people in Cabanas

harleyquinn228

Hi all!

I booked a cabana for our day in Grand Turk. It says 4 people, but we will have 6. Is that going to be an issue? I assume I will just have to leave 2 of them off the reservation(or maybe it doesn't matter bc only one key?), and we prob won't all be in there at the same time but there is plenty of room. I have read reviews where people said they had 6-8 people in them. Will they give us a hard time?

Thanks!

Edited by harleyquinn228

I have not rented one before, although I was lucky enough to snag one for our upcoming cruise next year. From what I understand, the cabanas are listed for 4 people, but they don't monitor it. Meaning if you have 10 people in your party, whoever rented the cabana will get the key, and the other 9 can come and go. Not sure if all 10 can fit inside at the same time.

We have rented a cabana in the past and have another one booked for this coming cruise in August. Ten people absolutely cannot fit in the cabana at the same time - probably four comfortably.

However, it doesn't matter which four are in there at a time. Where you will find a problem, perhaps, is with the waiter who gets your drinks/ food. If all 10 try to order at one time, it may be difficult and the waiter may object. As long as you tip him and agree to his making two trips, you should be fine.

The beauty of the cabana is that you get to lock up your "stuff" and can move around the complex without worrying about it. It was also nice to pop in for a few minutes of AC out of the sun every so often!