Baltic Less Visited

We are another couple on the May 19, 2017 Silhouette Baltic Cruise. If anyone reading this is following the other threads describing this cruise, don't get your hopes up, this thread will not have the comprehensive descriptions and the professional quality photographs you'll find on the other threads.

My wife and I usually meander on serendipitous DIY visits when in port and frequently visit places or try things that are a bit off the proverbial "beaten path". I though I'd try to describe a few such wanderings in the ports visited on the Baltic cruise.

This first post is a trial to see if I can even attach a photograph. If it works I'll post a few others, if it doesn't this will be the beginning (and the end) of this thread.

ffd90b5d-2d2f-4594-9380-1c75dcf4faa1_zps3ni0iyqm.jpg

It worked. This picture is a reminder that when you stop in Warnemunde (Rostock) you will have ample time to venture off on your own to see the smaller places in the Mecklenburg-Vorpommern region. We met a fellow passenger on the ship while waiting for the public bus from the ship to the hauptbahnhof in Rostock. We started talking and learned she was a German expat now living with her husband in Wales. The three of us decided to head west together and visit Wismar. We took the train to the Hanseatic city and spent a large part of the day there including a fantastic lunch at an outdoor café on the Town Hall Square. This is a photo of the Gewoelbe historic house across the River Grube.

Edited by visibilityunlimited
grammatical error

Hi Jay! It was nice to meet you on this cruise. Thanks for the touring tips that you provided on the roll call. Looking forward to hearing about your Baltic cruise experience.