Booking Excursions - in advance or on board?

sardensav

Hello everyone

Normally we book excursions in advance through the Voyage Personaliser. I was thinking about waiting and doing this on board next month. I heard however that prices are higher if you book onboard though, although I've never checked this myself. Does anyone know if this is the case? If so, approximately how much more?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Sarah

Hello everyone

Normally we book excursions in advance through the Voyage Personaliser. I was thinking about waiting and doing this on board next month. I heard however that prices are higher if you book onboard though, although I've never checked this myself. Does anyone know if this is the case? If so, approximately how much more?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Sarah

The main thing I like about booking in advance is that you pay upfront and fees are charged to your credit card. As shore excursions are always the largest single item on our on-board account this really help to keep the "post cruise debt" situation under control.

J

Hi Sarah

On board prices can be higher if the tours are popular - typically 10% on come of the Cunard trips I've been on. Some do have a limited capacity especially if it is a less visited port.

We are on the same cruise, and I would suggest that if there is a Corsica excursion you want to do, definitely book that in advance. I've booked the trips I want to do in 3 ports and found there to be no capacity issues at the moment.

Thanks both for your quick replies to my question.

I also like paying for the excursions in advance but we have managed to get quite a bit of on board credit with this booking, which is why I was thinking about waiting until on board. Having said that though, I'm sure we'll manage to spend the credit in other ways without any problem! :D

I don't like the idea of paying more for exactly the same on board, along with the risk that my chosen excursions may not be available. Think I'll just book them now and be done with it!