Sapphire internet access

roylenes

We are debating on whether to take our laptop or just use the computers on the ship. Princess brochure mentions wireless access available near pursers' desk. Is there a charge for this? Also, does anyone know how the charges compare to the internet lounge (using their computers) and the hours they are open. Was there a problem getting a computer? Any info would be helpful. We are sailing Alaska's inside passage in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the help.

Roylene

Roylene,

Recently off the Sapphire. Can't answer your questions about wireless access. However, the internet cafe is open 24 hours and is located on Deck 7 next to Sabatinis and the photo gallery. It is fairly large, 29 computers, and it never seemed too full. This may be due, in part, to the fact that it was .35/minute, and at times the connection could be very slow. Easy to use, just swipe your cruise card. That's all I know, hope it helps!

Even if you have your own laptop you will find many areas where the connection is very very slow and a couple of places where there isn't any. Unless you think you will need it a lot for communication back home, IMHO it's not worth the hassle. Once you reach Platinum Past Passenger status you get free internet and that is wonderful :) Then there's no reason for a laptop really bec. the internet cafe just isn't that busy .. you don't have a problem getting a PC to use.

Thank you Red Robin and Caroline for the info. I think the laptop will stay at home(not like I don't have enough to take without it).

This website and the forums are so helpful!!!! I really get excited about upcoming trips and have gotten very valuable information to make our vacations even more enjoyable.

Thank you again,

Roylene

Archived