Atlantis lowers price?Freedom:$999

longandfosterjames

I find this upsetting, it really isn't fair to the people who booked interior cabins earlier... Atlantis should lower everyones stateroom by $200 just like they are doing now for the people who held off booking until now...and while they are at it refund us the money they made when their special guest lost her voice last year! Quit milking the gays Rich, the cruise the week before including port fees and taxes is $500 less and goes to 4 ports... Does it really cost $500 a person to bring in a drunk wanda sykes and a few DJs?

I have been getting a large number of e-mails via another web site concerning people having to cancel out and trying to resell their cabins.

The freedom cruise was not a sell out to begin with so filling this big a ship is going to be a problem. I have seen notes from people trying to sell their cabins on the Solstice cruise as well......things are getting bad for many.

How gay tour operators are going to continue could be greatly challenged by the economy just like the cruise lines in general.

The question about lowering the cost to those already booked.....is valid. I just wonder if the cruise lines are doing the same for the main stream cruises.......per diem rates are dropping drastically and I wonder if the savings are being passed onto those who booked way in advance.

One or two cruises could break Atlantis if once committed finacially they cannot be filled to the break even point.

Lets hope gay tour operators survive......

I am finding it more difficult to sail mainstream cruises more and more...especially dinner companions....I hope atlantis and RSVP stay healthy.

when Atlantis lowered its pricing from the original brochure rates, they provided a credit to those in the Cabin Levels affected. On both the BsAs/Rio Cruise in '07 and the London/Barcelona Cruise in '08, I think I got a $200 credit applied to my final payment. But, I did notice the price drop and asked for the credit.

Remember the old maxim: "You don't ask, you don't get." ;)

Archived