Sitting through timeshare equals free cruise?

Texas_Diver

I received a mailing offering to give me a free cruise if I sit through a 90 minute timeshare presentation.

The cruise is a 4 day out of Galveston. The timeshare company is Silverleaf. I would imagine that the vacationer (me) has to pay the port fees, etc.

Has anyone actually gone to one of these timeshare presentations and actually gone on one of these cruises??

Donna (the eternal skeptic)

Donna....my son in E. Texas went to one of the presentations and rec. the "Free Cruise" documents. Seems like you do have to pay a lot of out of pocket costs, no air fare is included, and you have only limited cruises to choose from. After doing some researching, he decided he could choose his own port, his own cruise, for about the same amount....it was going to cost him. gg

Maybe some one else will have a positive story of a cruise like this and state how much actual money they had to put out, plus if they had lots of options to choose from re: dates, cruise line, destination, etc. gg

My daughter and SIL sat through this time share presentation. They still have not been able to book the cruise. They keep giving them choices of times to choose from and they don't seem to be available. Right now they are trying to go in October or November. You do have to pay for port charges and some other incidental charges. I'll let you know if they finally get it scheduled. BTW...this is for a 4 day cruise out of Galveston on The Ecstasy.

My daughter and SIL sat through this time share presentation. They still have not been able to book the cruise. They keep giving them choices of times to choose from and they don't seem to be available. Right now they are trying to go in October or November. You do have to pay for port charges and some other incidental charges. I'll let you know if they finally get it scheduled. BTW...this is for a 4 day cruise out of Galveston on The Ecstasy.

I have cancelled my appointment so there's no need for an update. Thanks anyway!

D.

Archived