Parking at Mobile

Kentucky60

We got back Saturday.

If there is no space in the garage, you will unload your bags at the terminal and be directed to a parking garage about a block down the street.

They transport you on a nice bus.

Saturday DH and I self debarked.

We were off the boat at 8:00 and back at our car in less than 10 minutes.

I will be on the Holiday this saturday and was wondering if the parking garage is full due to Fantasy and Holiday both at the port. Could someone tell me how the parking is at mobile.

We just got back yesterday from a Holiday cruise. When we parked at the terminal the previous Thursday, there were plenty of spaces available and we didn't get to the terminal until about 2PM. The Fantasy was out to sea so I'm thinking that they are only shuttling Fantasy passengers to/from off-site parking which would explain 1) why the parking lot wasn't full and 2) why we didn't get an e-mail from Carnival about shuttles to and from off-site parking (like the Fantasy passengers have been getting). That would make sense to me also because Mobile is Holiday's homeport so Holiday passengers should have first rights to available parking.

The previous poster (mzloolue) must have been sailing on the Fantasy since the Holiday was in Cozumel on Saturday.

If you do get to cruise on Sat - (Hurricane Gustav showing a track very close to here at this time). I would be sure to park on one of the higher levels if possible. If the storm does come through the Mobile area the bottom level of the garage could flood depending upon the storm surge, rain amounts, etc.

Yeah, what Mysticks1 said. Park as high in the garage as possible and try to avoid the top deck which is open, not covered. Try to get a spot in the middle of the deck as opposed to the outer edges which would have more exposure to the weather. As for Fantasy cruisers, the way the scheduling of the two ships works out, Holiday cruisers will always have first shot at the terminal garage because as the previous cruise exits, the new cruise enters and when Fantasy comes back, the garage is already full of Holiday cruisers so they have to park elsewhere.

Archived